FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How would you rate your present parish?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Definitely at least a 12.  We have to drive 40 minutes to get there, but it's oh so worth it.  Thank God for the SSPX.

The only time we step foot in a NO is for weddings or funerals.  Went to a wedding Friday evening and was again reminded how huge the differences are.  It just breaks my heart.  And NO music really is atrocious!  Sorry to say it again, but, thank God for the SSPX!
(06-14-2009, 11:56 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you go to the SSPV?

To go to Mass.

+1 to Didi for posing a really easy question,
(06-15-2009, 09:20 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2009, 11:56 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you go to the SSPV?

To go to Mass.

+1 to Didi for posing a really easy question,

Ugh.  That would be like going to an Orthodox church on Sunday.
(06-14-2009, 03:01 PM)kzarah Wrote: [ -> ]My parish is Our Lady Help of Christians in Garden Grove California and I give it a 10+++.
Daniel

To Modern Catholics: We are what you once were. We believe what you once
believed. We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were
wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now.

Haha! Kzarah, we both have that as part of our sig-lines!
We have it printed on the cover of our church Bulletin each week.

We are what you once were!
We are what you once believed!
We worship as you once worshipped!
If you were right then, we are right now!
If we are wrong now, you were wrong then!

Also, Where in Ohio are you?  I grew up in Toledo.
D
(06-15-2009, 09:50 AM)ErinIsNice Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh.  That would be like going to an Orthodox church on Sunday.

Actually it's just like going to an SSPX chapel.

and mostly like going to FSSP, except you don't have to fight the local ordinary to have your children baptized and don't have to pay for certain things.

His other option was to go to the local Gay Community Action Fellowship.

On top of that the Orth church has been just as poisoned by the post V2 era as the Roman Church, interestingly enough.
(06-15-2009, 10:00 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]and mostly like going to FSSP, except you don't have to fight the local ordinary to have your children baptized and don't have to pay for certain things.

What in the world are you talking about?  I've never had to "fight" anyone for traditional baptisms or pay for anything.  I went to a diocesan parish, and now go to an ICK church, but I assume they are similar to the FSSP.

I still say if you want your Sacraments, but deny the Papacy and the authority of the Church, you're no better than the Orthodox.
(06-15-2009, 10:00 AM)kzarah Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Where in Ohio are you?  I grew up in Toledo.
D

I can't say I've ever been to Toledo more than once - I'm not sure. But I am about 40 minutes North of Columbus. I attended the Traditional Latin Mass in Cleveland for close to 20 years.
(06-15-2009, 10:15 AM)ErinIsNice Wrote: [ -> ]What in the world are you talking about?  I've never had to "fight" anyone for traditional baptisms or pay for anything.  I went to a diocesan parish, and now go to an ICK church, but I assume they are similar to the FSSP.

I still say if you want your Sacraments, but deny the Papacy and the authority of the Church, you're no better than the Orthodox.

First, you can't deny the Papacy and be SSPV (that's because they are Roman Cath), and you don't have to deny the current pontiff.  That is a common misconception.  The priests may hold the thesis but you are not required to.

And because you have never had to fight for any sacrament makes you lucky as far as EF goes.  I actually intend to do a study on this at some point, but a poster to THIS thread admitted there are STILL problems at the DFW FSSP sites!  That is my experience.  And if you give money to a diocesan run Mass  --- you ARE paying for sex crimes.

Can't say anything about ICK except that SSPV is probably pretty much the same Mass, although they may use a slightly older Missal.
This whole thing about smacking on Bask's parish reminds me of "Analyze This"

Scott MacNamara:-You're Paul Vitti. The Mobster
Boss Paul Vitti: - Now is that polite? Is that nice? I'm tryin' to be nice over here. Do I go up to you and say, "Hey, you're so-and-so, the Hard-On?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6