FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How would you rate your present parish?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(06-15-2009, 09:20 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2009, 11:56 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you go to the SSPV?

To go to Mass.

+1 to Didi for posing a really easy question,

Good answer.
(06-15-2009, 10:00 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]and mostly like going to FSSP, except you don't have to fight the local ordinary to have your children baptized and don't have to pay for certain things.

That depends on the ordinary. The FSSP parish here gets no problems like that (and in fact, the only "sex crime" committed by a priest was staying with the FSSP. It was a computer crime. I don't know if he was with the FSSP officially).

They also get confirmations in the TLM by the bishop.
(06-15-2009, 11:37 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]That depends on the ordinary. The FSSP parish here gets no problems like that (and in fact, the only "sex crime" committed by a priest was staying with the FSSP. It was a computer crime. I don't know if he was with the FSSP officially).

They also get confirmations in the TLM by the bishop.

+1 for bringing this back up.

As I have posted on another thread about this same subject..that is great, and if everyone is being truthful then we are entering a newish phase.  It's good news to know there are more of the sacraments to be had,  But like I said, I won't trust anyone too far on this except Didi because I've attended Mass at his site several times, and saw the parish for myself.  My experience with EF (moderately extensive), includes fighting "bishops" and running into hybrid Masses.  I ain't just off the boat on this topic, I've been there, done that.

Because they celebrate Mass and not the semi Protestant Novus Ordo thats why.
Perfect 10. We have a beautiful, large church that's open 9 to 5 every day with little rooms and grottos with lots of statues and traditional Catholic architecture; daily mass; weekly novena with an exposition of the blessed Sacrament; 4 masses every Sunday with a High Mass at noon; completely orthodox priests who will talk with you if they're around, bless anything on the spot if you ask (including you), hear your confession if you ask, and who live there on the property--best of all, it's only 15 minutes from my house. I am truly blessed to be so close to that.
(06-16-2009, 01:25 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]

And yet they don't recognize our pontiff. Why would you want to celebrate the sacrament of communion with them?
(06-16-2009, 11:01 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2009, 01:25 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]

And yet they don't recognize our pontiff.

...because their personal theological opinions are nonbinding on the faithful who attend there and their sacraments are indisputably valid.

Quote:Why would you want to celebrate the sacrament of communion with them?

In all charity, that is hypocritical because you have accused them of the same conduct: refusing to associate with, distribute Communion to, or submit to those whom they believe to be apostates, material heretics, or followers of un-Catholic theological premises.

To neglect a valid, reverent, and sacrilege-free Sacrifice as well as indisputably valid sacraments on Sundays (such is the case of Baskerville whose SSPX church only offers Mass twice a month) because of a difference of personal theological opinion is unjustifiable. If the priest omits Benedict XVI's name from the Canon (the same procedure taken during an interregnum) and is unjustified in doing so, that is his sin, not Baskerville's. The SSPV does not teach its faithful that Benedict XVI is not the Pope. Our Lord dined with sinners; Baskerville can enjoin Communion with these people and yet recognize Benedict XVI as the legitimate reigning Roman Pontiff in the Mass. I'm sure there are many others there who do the same.
(06-14-2009, 09:41 PM)josephmarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2009, 12:15 PM)augusztina Wrote: [ -> ]Front Royal Virginia.    
THE Neo-Con Capital of the Country!
A place most prominent on the minds of authors Christopher Ferrara and Thomas Woods when they wrote "The Great Facade."
This place even stinks!..literally!  You can't even open your windows because of the smell.
Don't go to Front Royal...

What? I have visited Front Royal and didn't notice any stink at all. The parish is wonderful compared to what I have in my town and other parishes I have visited. I plan to move there in the near future.
And now a word about my parish....
Definitely a mixed bag but the best in the area. We have a wonderful choir which sings traditional Latin hymns at one of the Masses, and an excellent organist. It is all Novus Ordo but at least the priests don't preach or teach any heresy. On the down side, there is a lot of applause and on occasion there has even been whistling and hooting. Before some special Masses such as first Communion the talk is deafening.  The dress of some folks is inappropriate: shorts, skin tight jeans,etc.  :o
(06-26-2009, 11:18 AM)villamaria Wrote: [ -> ]Before some special Masses such as first Communion the talk is deafening.

Well, even at our TLM there was a lot of chatter by visitors before the First Communion Mass.  Funny thing was, they pretty much stopped while we said the Rosary, but then started right back up again when we stopped and the organist started warming up.  That's just what they're used to in their own churches, Catholic and otherwise.  But it got a lot of people there to experience the TLM who probably wouldn't have otherwise, so that's a good thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6