FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Slovakian Jesuit Byzantine Ordination photographs.........awesome!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for sharing!
I'd no idea that some Jesuits were Byzantine...Let alone Byzantine Archbishop (or rather Archeparchs)......Until, I came across this; I can't read Slovak, so if any one is able, please do feel free to comment, etc.....Well, hopefully those zealous Jesuits are as orthodox as is their Divine Liturgies are beautiful.
Pray
(06-17-2009, 12:50 PM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: [ -> ]I'd no idea that some Jesuits were Byzantine...Let alone Byzantine Archbishop (or rather Archeparchs)......Until, I came across this; I can't read Slovak, so if any one is able, please do feel free to comment, etc.....Well, hopefully those zealous Jesuits are as orthodox as is their Divine Liturgies are beautiful.
Pray

Yeah, the Jesuits have quite a few Eastern Catholic branches, the ethnic Pole Fr. Mitch Pacwa SJ on EWTN is actually a full fledged Maronite priest.
(06-19-2009, 02:04 PM)Tobri Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Mitch Pacwa SJ on EWTN is actually a full fledged Maronite priest.

I thought he was a Latin Rite priest with biritual faculties to celebrate in the Maronite Rite. 

Former Superior General Fr. Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, S. J., a Dutchman, was actually ordained in the Armenian Rite.  Most of the Russian Greek Catholic parishes in the West were founded by Jesuits. 
As a side comment, I found a Byzantine-rite Catholic Church within five miles of my house, that I've been trying to find for the last couple of months!

The more I look at it, the more I'm attracted to the mysticism, holiness, mystery, and sense of the sacred that is present within the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostum  and increasing disatisfied with the Novus Ordo Missae in general.  It seems that the Novus Ordo is merely a stripped-down, truncated form of the Tridentine Mass barebones, with no incense, very small amounts of holiness, and no mystery or mysticism.  Ja; the Blessed Sacrament is there at valid celebrated N.O. Masses, but it seems lacklustre, boring, and droll compared to the Divine Iiturgy; I've yet to attend a Holy Tridentine Mass, so I cannot judge fully it as I've not experienced it yet.

In Christ's holy Charity,
Lord have mercy upon me, a poor sinner.
Pray

Note: I abide within the Diocese of Pittsburgh, which the area where I live also happens to be the "Archeparchy of Pittsburgh" as well. Smile