FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: whoa, Samaritans still exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
They are only 712 of them left, but they are still kicking around strong out there by their mountain in outremer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans
That is not good.
Wow, they even practice animal sacrifice still. Huh. Learn something new every day here.
(06-19-2009, 10:04 PM)phnuggle Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, they even practice animal sacrifice still. Huh. Learn something new every day here.

Why don't the Jews anymore?
(06-19-2009, 10:16 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2009, 10:04 PM)phnuggle Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, they even practice animal sacrifice still. Huh. Learn something new every day here.

It's my understanding that they do not have a temple in which to anymore. But I could definitely be wrong; I'm by no means an authority on Judaism. Anyone else know for sure?
thats interesting.
(06-19-2009, 10:18 PM)phnuggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2009, 10:16 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]

It's my understanding that they do not have a temple in which to anymore. But I could definitely be wrong; I'm by no means an authority on Judaism. Anyone else know for sure?

Yea, that's what I understand too.  Complicated by the fact that there's a mosque sitting on the exact spot the temple needs to be built.  Meh, sure the Moslems won't mind if they're asked to relocate.
when the jews were taken into Babylonian captivity the ones who were left behind became the sumarians. they are the original jews. when the jews came back they had many many many new forms of worship with them. synagogues were one, talmud etc
Walty Wrote:Why don't the Jews anymore?

As of 70AD the Temple in the Holy City was blow to smithereens by the Romans at the end of a rather nasty siege.

devotedknuckles Wrote:when the jews came back they had many many many new forms of worship with them. synagogues were one, talmud etc

I was under the impression that the Talmud was complied some time after the Temple was toast as a way to continue a sacrifice-centered religion without a sacrifice any longer. No?
(06-19-2009, 11:25 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that the Talmud was complied some time after the Temple was toast as a way to continue a sacrifice-centered religion without a sacrifice any longer. No?

Yes, it was written by the rabbis after the destruction of the Temple over a course of several generations.
Pages: 1 2 3