FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Adam, Eve, & Dinosaurs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
What have leading theologians of the Church said about reconciling the Creation account of Adam and Eve with the existence of dinosaurs (which obviously must have gone extinct even before God made Adam and Eve)?   
(06-20-2009, 12:46 AM)Miquelot Wrote: [ -> ]What have leading theologians of the Church said about reconciling the Creation account of Adam and Eve with the existence of dinosaurs (which obviously must have gone extinct even before God made Adam and Eve)?   

Why obviously?

The fossil records do not agree with "common knowledge". Human and dino foot prints have been found together. A dinosaur is nothing more a type of reptile. The atmosphere has changed, so who is to say the larger types of animals in the past are not found today in a smaller scale? Most dinosaurs were not large. It would impossible for such an animal to exist today.

Also, most types of "pre humans" have been found together also. The evidence does not match the theory.
Death entered the world due to original sin. Thus, man and dinosaurs co-existed.
I seriously hope that you guys are joking. Humans and dinosaurs never existed anytime near each other.
(06-20-2009, 03:05 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously hope that you guys are joking. Humans and dinosaurs never existed anytime near each other.

You mean there is no way the Flintstones could've kept Dino as a pet? 

Thanks for ruining my childhood expectations.  Sticking tongue out at you
(06-20-2009, 03:05 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously hope that you guys are joking. Humans and dinosaurs never existed anytime near each other.

Any time or place? Why not for time? What is a dinosaur but just another species? The largest of which are gone now, but then again, the largest of every land animal is gone as well.

The reason why this is the state of mind is because humans and dinosaurs cannot have existed, because it doesn't fit into the time scales of the atheists. It isn't based on evidence.

It is way too common to dismiss people who speak against the mainstream ideals as "nutters" or whatever, but go by evidence and reasoning. Why is it taught that way? What does the evidence say?

A quick search of some citations (although I didn't fully review it): http://www.dinosaursandman.com/

Modern science will leap to conclusions based on "evidence" which doesn't fit (Nebraska Man anyone?) and it will gleem over evidence which doesn't fit. It is quite human.

What makes you certain that is the case, Walty?  There exist ancient carvings in Israel and one in a Cambodian temple circa 800 years ago which depict dinosaurs.  They are mentioned by God as being familiar to man, in the book of Job.
(06-20-2009, 01:21 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2009, 12:46 AM)Miquelot Wrote: [ -> ]What have leading theologians of the Church said about reconciling the Creation account of Adam and Eve with the existence of dinosaurs (which obviously must have gone extinct even before God made Adam and Eve)?   

Why obviously?

The fossil records do not agree with "common knowledge". Human and dino foot prints have been found together. A dinosaur is nothing more a type of reptile. The atmosphere has changed, so who is to say the larger types of animals in the past are not found today in a smaller scale? Most dinosaurs were not large. It would impossible for such an animal to exist today.

Also, most types of "pre humans" have been found together also. The evidence does not match the theory.

1.) The "human footprints next to dino footprints" is a hoax.

2.) Dinosaurs were not "big reptiles."  More than likely they were warm blooded and had more in common with modern day birds.

3.)  Scientists have known for a long time that different "pre humans" have lived at the same time, together and not together.  What theory are you talking about?

(06-20-2009, 03:09 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]

Any time or place? Why not for time? What is a dinosaur but just another species? The largest of which are gone now, but then again, the largest of every land animal is gone as well.

The reason why this is the state of mind is because humans and dinosaurs cannot have existed, because it doesn't fit into the time scales of the atheists. It isn't based on evidence.

It is way too common to dismiss people who speak against the mainstream ideals as "nutters" or whatever, but go by evidence and reasoning. Why is it taught that way? What does the evidence say?

A quick search of some citations (although I didn't fully review it): http://www.dinosaursandman.com/

Modern science will leap to conclusions based on "evidence" which doesn't fit (Nebraska Man anyone?) and it will gleem over evidence which doesn't fit. It is quite human.

Scientists will gleem over evidence that doesn't fit.  So do protty fundie wack jobs that depict Jesus riding dinosaurs.

I don't see how Earth's timeline is some genius atheist conspiracy.  Maybe scientists and archaeologists are just sitting around a conference table in a secret laboratory in a volcano on some nameless Pacific island trying to think of ways to make fossils and rocks prove that God doesn't exist.

(06-20-2009, 03:48 AM)Robhaidheuch Wrote: [ -> ]

What makes you certain that is the case, Walty?  There exist ancient carvings in Israel and one in a Cambodian temple circa 800 years ago which depict dinosaurs.  They are mentioned by God as being familiar to man, in the book of Job.

There are also relief carvings, cave drawings and paintings of flying saucers.  Or at least what looks like flying saucers.  Doesn't mean anything.
(06-20-2009, 03:48 AM)Robhaidheuch Wrote: [ -> ]

For examples, see here
I have not looked into the above point. But after having researched evolution to some extent, I have serious reservations about carbon dating.

You poor, delusional child. Behold:

http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/files/u...stones.jpg

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20