FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope: Refugees must be accpeted, despite problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Of course this is mainly directed at European and Western nations in general and Italy as of late in particular. Why do we always have to bear the brunt of the world's "migrants" from third world countries who, in coming in superior numbers will eventually change the demographics of their host nations? Why must these nations continually welcome these "refugees" who will in most part never assimilate into the generous cultures who welcome them in and in effect over the course of time commit national suicide in doing so? Would he demand that Israel take in all the Palestinians it can from the West bank because it's the "right thing to do"?

I know I'm going to take some heat for this, but maybe the Vatican can set up "refugee" camps in St, Peter's square and start taking in some of them African illegal "migrants" that the Italian nation refuses to take in. Maybe they can practice what they preach a little. Since the Vatican is an officially recognized sovereign nation, does this include them as well to do "the right thing"? I think the Vatican sometimes should concentrate more on eternal matters and not get involved in making other sovereign nations feel guilty about their immigration policies that are implemented for the protection of their indigenous citizens.

I wish Benedict would be so open about protecting his bishops from being accused as "holacaust-deniers" as he is about forcing "refugees", despite their ensuing problems that they bring along with them into nations that aren't obliged to take them in.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090621/ap_o...tican_pope
your takin no heat from me lad! but we don't really have to listen to the holy father in this one right. i mean its a political thingamajig. this is suicide. and suicide is a sin whether its done individually or culturally
so
i got your back lad.
edit to add
sip sip
I have no problem with genuine charity towards genuine refugees, but I despise opportunists; and the sad thing is, the majority of the "refugees" from Africa are opportunists who simply want to come here and rape Europe raw.

The Holy Father is being quite irresponsible with his remarks, but at the same time, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  Due to the rapid growth of globalisation in the past... 50-60 years?, it has proven a challenge for the true virtue of Christian Charity and its placeability.  It would not be charitable to invite a rapist into your home for the night, if you had a wife and daughters, would it?  With globalisation and an increase in the mass-movement of peoples this is a situation that is to common place and to risk the health of our families and nations is uncharitable and unChristian.

Of course, legal immigrants are no better.  But this is all the effects of mass-immigration.

Regards,
JP.
I am right with you Aleric. Vatican city should be turned into a huge refugee camp full of people who dont speak Italian and have swine flu see how they like it then maybe the Pope would stick to religion where he belongs.
(06-22-2009, 07:37 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]your takin no heat from me lad! but we don't really have to listen to the holy father in this one right. i mean its a political thingamajig. this is suicide. and suicide is a sin whether its done individually or culturally
so
i got your back lad.
edit to add
sip sip
Yeah its just a leftist political thingy we can completely ignore it.
silly baskerville the Pope belongs to more then just religion. our Holy faith and politics cannot and should not be separated.
that's secular humanism
The nations were set up by God; why should anyone undo what He ordained? I know there have been migrations throughout history, but what is being proposed here is as suicidal as contracepting and aborting entire societies out of existence.

No one has a problem saying "Africa for the Africans" or, "Asia for the Asians" but, let anyone even suggest, "Europe for the Europeans" forget it.
(06-22-2009, 08:41 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]silly baskerville the Pope belongs to more then just religion. our Holy faith and politics cannot and should not be separated.
that's secular humanism

Well sure but all they ever spew is leftist immigrant acceptance stuff. Besides we arent obligated to listen to a word he says except religious issues all this lefty stuff is just HIS opinion. Which he is entitled to. I just dont want the Pope telling me I have to learn spanish because there's two immigrants from Mexico with swine flu living next to me. Another thing is the UN everytime a POpe goes there he makes an ass of himself it would be, IMHO better if instead of releasing an encyclicle on economics he would release one on liturgy or the Virgin Mary or something religious. Better if instead of crying about illegals he cried about the loss of belief in the real presence or maybe about some of the little boys his priests are rapeing.
no argument from me here!
sip sip
Well, there are many ways to interpret this.

What makes someone a refugee? 
Certainly it cannot be required that they be given citizenship.
Certainly it cannot be required to keep them permanently if there is a possibility of them going back.
Certainly, if an area can be set aside for their settlement in their own communities separated from most of the nation, it must be a permissible arrangement.

Now I certainly think all of these requirements are nothing any refugee should complain about, provided they are well treated. 

There certainly is no right to mass migration into foreign territories.

Just as there is no right for Obama's community organizers to move homeless people into my house.

Does that mean that one does not have an obligation to help those in need?  Obviously not.

One can have their own hearth and home and nationality while aiding strangers in distress.

Let's say this:

If the Pope is saying this to stifle criticism of mass migration into Europe then the Pope is not speaking with any Catholic authority.

His authority can only extend to a genuine moral issue, the necessity to aid people in distress.  It cannot in any way extend to say that Catholics must support a multicultural society.

Anymore than it can extend to say that belief in official account of the Holocaust is necessary to be Catholic.

Anymore than it can extend to say that "Jews do not wait for their Messiah in vain."

If it's not Catholic, it has nothing to do with papal authority.
Pages: 1 2 3