FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Most beautiful churches that you have visited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
What is the most beautiful church that you have visited?  Visits can include Mass, weddings, funerals, tourism, confession-- any reason to go to a Catholic church.

I think the most stunning church in my city is Our Lady of Perpetual Help, the Redemptorist parish in beautiful Kansas City.  Good confession there, too.  Sadly though, some of the most dishwater-bad Novus Ordo Masses happen in there.  It is so incongruent with the beauty of the church.

[Image: 3107875123_62be0050a0_b.jpg]

[Image: 3108725988_636321e8b9_b.jpg]
(sorry for the bad lighting.  My Nikon Coolpix has its limits with getting enough good light in large indoor spaces like churches)
That's very pretty and I remember when you posted those pics before.

What architectural style is that (interior)?
(06-23-2009, 03:07 PM)Gman Wrote: [ -> ]That's very pretty and I remember when you posted those pics before.

What architectural style is that (interior)?

I don't know, I'm not a student of architecture.  Maybe someone else can help?  Here is a photo from their own website of the interior at Christmas.
[Image: web.jpg]
Holy golden carp, I have to see that place someday.

The prettiest church I've ever seen is the cathedral in Toledo on my first and only trip to Europe—it only made me want to go back so badly!

[Image: Toledo_Cathedral.jpg]

[Image: Toledo_Cathedral_indoor2.jpg]

[Image: 02toledo-cathedral.jpg]

[Image: 176931.jpg]

Certainly for me it was the four major basilicas in Rome.
(06-23-2009, 03:07 PM)Gman Wrote: [ -> ]What architectural style is that (interior)?

It is Gothic Revival.

The most beautiful church that I have visited is probably St Peter's Basilica.
I'm partial to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in DC
[Image: national-shrine-immaculate-conception.jpg]

[Image: 2311689067_75662de914.jpg]

And St Alphonsus in Baltimore (I've posted this pic so many times, but I never tire of it)

[Image: altarStA1.jpg]
[Image: stalisab1.jpg]
I have no photos, but find small chapels more beautiful. I guess I like the simplicity.
Brompton Oratory.  London.

[Image: BromptonOratoryInteriorPhoto.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
Holy Hill Wisconsin. 

When I used to live in Chicago, I make the drive up to there at least once a year as a family pilgrimage.  I tried to do the Stations of the Cross that start at the bottom of the hill and end at the lower chapel.

[Image: aerial-c-bulaien-b.jpg]
[Image: img98.jpg]
[Image: milwaukee-wi209.jpg]
[Image: milwaukee-wi206.jpg]
[Image: 477897346_e5497aa5d3.jpg?v=0]
[Image: hhc-1.jpg]
[Image: hhc-5.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6