FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Wonderful Sermon by Rev Fr Kloster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Probably the best 20 minutes you'll spend all day. Must see.

Heh, I like how you've become Father Kloster's propagandist.
(06-24-2009, 05:43 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, I like how you've become Father Kloster's propagandist.

Propagandist is such an ugly word.  How about publicist or spokesperson?  Smile
LOL, what can I say. He' s just the man, you have to admit!

Btw, I have a PM that is festering in your facebook inbox since yesterday. Smile

Wasn't this this Sunday's sermon?  It was a great sermon.
(06-24-2009, 05:50 PM)LRThunder Wrote: [ -> ]Propagandist is such an ugly word.  How about publicist or spokesperson?   Smile

I suppose. However, the word "propaganda" comes from the "Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide" (Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith), an office founded in 1622 in Rome to regulate missionary activity. Propaganda is at least theoretically a Catholic term.
(06-24-2009, 05:51 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I have a PM that is festering in your facebook inbox since yesterday. Smile

Just replied.
(06-24-2009, 06:02 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2009, 05:50 PM)LRThunder Wrote: [ -> ]Propagandist is such an ugly word.  How about publicist or spokesperson?   Smile

I suppose. However, the word "propaganda" comes from the "Sacra Congregatio de Propaganda Fide" (Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith), an office founded in 1622 in Rome to regulate missionary activity. Propaganda is at least theoretically a Catholic term.

Didn't know that.  But there's no doubt that propaganda has a negative connotation to it nowadays.

I learn stuff everyday here at the FE forums.
I'm happy to be a propagandist for Father Kloster, regardless of the connotation it carries!  ;D

But I concur, that is an interesting history of the word that I was hitherto unawares.
(06-24-2009, 06:02 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, Ya beat me to the punch! I was going to bring this up! Crazy
Pages: 1 2