FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: '...abortion...necessary...when you have a black and a white...or a rape.'-Nixon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
President Nixon's audio recordings document this quote, spoken to Chuck Colson (who, considering his friendship and affiliation with the late civil rights champion Fr. Richard Neuhaus, hopefully does not share this view):

“There are times when an abortion is necessary...When you have a black and a white...Or a rape.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...rtion.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/us/pol...nixon.html

How is this sentiment much different than what can be found in Margaret Sanger's writings?
Sorry, don't even think this deserves the electrons to comment. This has nothing to do with Catholic faith.
(06-25-2009, 11:31 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, don't even think this deserves the electrons to comment. This has nothing to do with Catholic faith.

I must respectfully disagree. I think it's important for us to read this as a reminder that we are not to place our faith in any man, especially in a non-Godly one such as Nixon. My parents, life-long blue-collar Rust Belt ethnic Democrats, voted for Nixon in both '68 and '72 because he promised "law and order." They were disgusted with the growing immorality of those times and like most Americans thought Nixon would hold the fort against the hippies and Commies.

I remember reading many comments on Catholic forums just a few years ago saying things like, "God bless George W. Bush," "Bush is the most Catholic president we've ever had," and even "Bush: santo subito!" You can bet on liberal "Catholic" forums and blogs the same things were (are) being said about Obama.

Luke 4,6: And he [the Devil] said to him [Jesus],To thee will I give all this power and the glory of them [the kingdoms of the world.] For to me they are delivered: and to whom I will, I give them.
I've often wondered as a fan of Nixon(thats right I like Nixon leave me alone) did he have anything to do with roe vs wade or was that just the supreme court?