FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cakes: the painful truth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This thread disgusts me. Never have I seen such vile cake calumny.
I believe a white wedding cake is de fide.

*goes to search for official-looking document*
(07-06-2009, 01:31 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I believe a white wedding cake is de fide.

I believe you are correct.  Even communists must have a white cake.  :tiphat:
(07-06-2009, 01:46 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 01:31 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I believe a white wedding cake is de fide.

I believe you are correct.  Even communists must have a white cake.   :tiphat:

You folks have convinced me - it's still going to be a pirate cake but white, like a ghost ship. 
[Image: DSC00213.JPG]
The painful truth? I'm pretty sure the cake is a lie.
(07-06-2009, 02:04 PM)Magnificat Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 01:46 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe you are correct.  Even communists must have a white cake.   :tiphat:

You folks have convinced me - it's still going to be a pirate cake but white, like a ghost ship.   

Spooky.  :safe:  (I'm not really eating popcorn under the chair, I'm just hiding from pirate ghosts.  Har har!)
I really don't like cake either. I just grew out of it, I think, because I used to. Now cheesecake, on the other hand...
(07-05-2009, 01:35 AM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2009, 09:16 AM)Katherine of Aragon Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, here it is.

I don't really like cake.

There are a few exceptions (carrot cake, German chocolate cake, and yogurt-spice cake), but that is all.  Cake is just all right.  It's edible; it's fine.  It's just nothing special.

I have made cakes for years.  Marble-swirl, chocolate, yellow, double-chocolate snack cake, the better-than-most-but-still-just-a-cake red velvet cake, white cake, etc. But they're nothing I really want.

It's just that, whenever I get ready to bake something (which is several times a week), cake is not really on the radar.  Carrot cake is what I make for my husband's birthday, and for me, German chocolate cake entails making from-scratch caramel coconut icing--meaning I make the caramel from scratch, too.  ::)  It's a pain.  I sometimes make yogurt-spice cake, which is more a snack-cake.  It is not iced, and it is not that sweet.  It goes well with coffee.

I bake cookies, bars, and pies.  I make cheesecake.  I make fudge (rocky road fudge, actually).  I just . . . try to avoid making cakes anymore.

Is this normal?  Is there help for me?   ;) Or should I simply give up on cake and accept that the memories I have of cakes in childhood (which I made myself then, too) are rose-colored?

What another anti-red velvet women?  >:(

Red Velvet is the insignia of clan Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde and what does elder and dearest brothers go do? They both marry anti-red velvet cake women! So now everytime red velvet (with butter icing of course (two sticks, no less))is brought out, I have to listen to "Oh not Red Velvet again!". AAAAAAAAAAAAA!. And on top of that dearest brother's wife made another error today when she brought a couple of cans of ranch flavored beans that wasn't Ranch Style Beans, I mean when she announced this you could hear a pin drop.  She was "What? what the problem, they are just like Ranch Style!". So I put a compassionate hand on her shoulder and said "Sis, its one of those Red Velvet cake things." She was like "OH! I'm sorry.".  :laughing: But she insisted on us eating them! I'm you know what type of chaos this bring to the Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde clan? Next you know we will be robbing liquor stores and selling Crack and running over school kids with your car (hat tip to Weird Al). Oh also my Lord Father the Old Bear wants to know what do you eat for breakfast since you don't like cake? ;D

I am not a cake fan but I must say that I LOVE red velvet cake.  It was our wedding cake.  When I asked the cake maker for red velvet she looked at me sideways because she had never heard of it.  Perhaps thats what I get for asking a WY native for a southern specialty.  I had her make a chocolate cake and just dye it red and it worked out really well.  It was soooooo good.  My dh still thinks it was the best cake he's ever eaten. 

Red velvet is our signature.  Any time we make a cake for our child's baptism or for our anniversary we make it in red velvet. 

To the OP, I make cakes for friends and I also hate cake.  (The exception being RV on occasion).  I've just never really liked cake and the more often I make it the more I reinforce how much I don't like to eat it.  I'm more of a fruit and cheese person (I guess just a fruit person since I've gone vegan).

(07-06-2009, 05:04 PM)nicollette Wrote: [ -> ]To the OP, I make cakes for friends and I also hate cake.  (The exception being RV on occasion).  I've just never really liked cake and the more often I make it the more I reinforce how much I don't like to eat it.  I'm more of a fruit and cheese person (I guess just a fruit person since I've gone vegan).

Which explains why you have the most cake.  You can't horde it, you know.  Eventually you have to eat it or it goes bad.  Just letting you know.  :tiphat:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13