FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cakes: the painful truth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(07-06-2009, 07:01 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 05:04 PM)nicollette Wrote: [ -> ]To the OP, I make cakes for friends and I also hate cake.  (The exception being RV on occasion).  I've just never really liked cake and the more often I make it the more I reinforce how much I don't like to eat it.  I'm more of a fruit and cheese person (I guess just a fruit person since I've gone vegan).

Which explains why you have the most cake.  You can't horde it, you know.  Eventually you have to eat it or it goes bad.  Just letting you know.   :tiphat:

yeah, but she can't bake her cake and eat it too.

(07-06-2009, 07:04 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 05:04 PM)nicollette Wrote: [ -> ]To the OP, I make cakes for friends and I also hate cake.  (The exception being RV on occasion).  I've just never really liked cake and the more often I make it the more I reinforce how much I don't like to eat it.  I'm more of a fruit and cheese person (I guess just a fruit person since I've gone vegan).

Which explains why you have the most cake.  You can't horde it, you know.  Eventually you have to eat it or it goes bad.  Just letting you know.   :tiphat:

I could...  sigh.

[Image: Red%2520Velvet%2520cake.jpg]

I had monkey cake at my niece's first birthday this weekend.  :) :) :) very good.

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
What is monkey cake?  I'll probably regret asking.  ???
(07-06-2009, 07:37 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 07:04 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]

I could...  sigh.

[Image: Red%2520Velvet%2520cake.jpg]

I had monkey cake at my niece's first birthday this weekend.  :) :) :) very good.

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Joamy - is that monkey cake, or RV?
(07-06-2009, 07:39 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]What is monkey cake?  I'll probably regret asking.  ???

you look exactly like Hank Azaria when he was little.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(07-06-2009, 07:41 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 07:39 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]What is monkey cake?  I'll probably regret asking.  ???

you look exactly like Hank Azaria when he was little.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:sneaky:  :bronxcheer: :sneaky: :bronxcheer: :sneaky: :bronxcheer: :sneaky: :bronxcheer: :sneaky: :bronxcheer:

Leno keeps calling me and leaving messages.  You simply must return his calls.  He's desperate to get in touch with you.
what?!

little Hank Azaria was cute!

Leno's retired.

.........I'm sorry.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I like red velvet cake better than most other cakes, and I am not going to moan out, "NO, not red velvet cake again!"   :P  Of course, whatever cake it is, I would have made it myself anyway.  When I was growing up, I made the birthday cakes for everyone from the time I was about 10 or 11.  To this day I make my father's birthday cake, or he does not get one.  ::)  (Of course, his birthday is on Valentine's Day, so he generally gets red velvet cake, or he gets no cake and goes for lots of chocolates.)  But what do you mean that you put butter-cream icing on your red velvet cake?!  NO!  It is supposed to be cream-cheese icing, always.  The exact same icing as you put on carrot cake.  

Hmm.  Our wedding cake I ordered from a grocery store.  We got married on a budget, and everything--my dress, the organist's fee, the flowers, the halls, the food, the flowers, etc.--was just under $2000 US, so the cake was one of the larger budget items at about $100 US.  It was white cake with white icing.

I don't really have an excuse for making my own birthday cakes.  My mother didn't bake from the time she turned the kitchen over to me (at about 10 or 11), so there it was.  Oh, I remember!  On my 17th birthday she got a friend of hers to bake an angel-food cake.  (I'm not a fan of angel-food, but my mother is.)  We stopped at the friend's house on the way back from grocery shopping, and we ate cake for 15 minutes.  That was the entire party.  *shrug*  What are you going to do?  My birthday is near Thanksgiving.  Usually they just skipped a party entirely.

Off-topic, but I think that that is all right since I started the thread: I wore the same outfit to my 12th birthday party that I did to my 18th.  I did not get new clothes very often.  :-[
(07-06-2009, 07:39 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]Joamy - is that monkey cake, or RV?

Pic was Red Velvet.  I don't have my prints back yet, but here is what the monkey cake looked like (almost, not quite - cupcakes for the ears in our case and just frosting.)

[Image: peanut-butter-monkey-cake-8098.jpg]

(07-06-2009, 07:49 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 07:39 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]Joamy - is that monkey cake, or RV?

Pic was Red Velvet.  I don't have my prints back yet, but here is what the monkey cake looked like (almost, not quite - cupcakes for the ears in our case and just frosting.)

[Image: peanut-butter-monkey-cake-8098.jpg]

oh!!

cute!!!

I thought it was something like monkey bread - I LOVE that stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13