FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cakes: the painful truth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(07-06-2009, 10:32 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]that's not what I meant.

and you shouldn't know about those things.

I don't.

You're getting away with murder because you're using that cute picture of your nephew as your avatar.

well - two can play at that game.

That is what you meant.  

I'm shocked.  :o :o :o
fine.

WHAT DID I MEAN, SMART GUY???

see?

I didn't know what it meant.

This just proves it.
You two are like an old married couple. Or The Odd Couple.  :laughing:
back almost on topic...

i never a a huge sweet tooth but without tons of icing cake is good once in a while, but I definitely see how you'd get sick of it.
(07-06-2009, 10:25 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 08:36 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2009, 08:20 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]I love COCO CRISPIES.

Second.  Best chocolate cereal ever.
[i]
cgraye, have I ever told you what beautiful eyes you have?

Well, they are a rather striking green...
(07-06-2009, 08:14 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote: [ -> ]You sound like a wonderful wife and daughter. I hope you took my post in a humorous fashion as I like being humorous. As to Icing. Yes that is butter based as in that off white looking icing. Thats what one does down here. Cream Cheese is some Yankee confiction that got popular with watching Oprah.   ;D

Oh, I wasn't offended, and I knew you were joking. Red velvet cake is a sweet custom, and it's better than many cakes.  It's just . . . still cake.  :P
(07-06-2009, 08:10 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Coco Crispies are the Chik Fil A of the breakfast cereal world.  Why would you combine Rice Krispies with chocolate?  Answer:  You wouldn't, unless you were a eugenicist who likes to muck with the natural order of things.  Bah!  And again I say, BAH!

[Image: Cleveland+Indians+v+Kansas+City+Royals+BLI_JRjQD9sl.jpg]
(07-04-2009, 09:16 AM)Katherine of Aragon Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, here it is.

I don't really like cake.

There are a few exceptions (carrot cake, German chocolate cake, and yogurt-spice cake), but that is all.  Cake is just all right.  It's edible; it's fine.  It's just nothing special.

I have made cakes for years.  Marble-swirl, chocolate, yellow, double-chocolate snack cake, the better-than-most-but-still-just-a-cake red velvet cake, white cake, etc. But they're nothing I really want.

It's just that, whenever I get ready to bake something (which is several times a week), cake is not really on the radar.  Carrot cake is what I make for my husband's birthday, and for me, German chocolate cake entails making from-scratch caramel coconut icing--meaning I make the caramel from scratch, too.  ::)  It's a pain.  I sometimes make yogurt-spice cake, which is more a snack-cake.  It is not iced, and it is not that sweet.  It goes well with coffee.

I bake cookies, bars, and pies.  I make cheesecake.  I make fudge (rocky road fudge, actually).  I just . . . try to avoid making cakes anymore.

Is this normal?  Is there help for me?   ;) Or should I simply give up on cake and accept that the memories I have of cakes in childhood (which I made myself then, too) are rose-colored?

No fair posting description of all these without a single recipe.....how about the yogurt spice one?  How about posting one a week?
+1 for posting Coco Crisp's picture, even if he is on the disabled list.  Did you know his real first name is "Covelli"? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13