FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Feta Cheese
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I got some at the grocery store today.  Aside from salads, any ideas on what to do with it?
Toss it in the trash bin.  :tiphat:

Sorry, I'm sure you probably wanted a serious response.  Nothing to see here.
(07-10-2009, 09:30 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Toss it in the trash bin.  :tiphat:

Sorry, I'm sure you probably wanted a serious response.  Nothing to see here.

:)  :)  :) 
Make a Greek pizza.  ;D
Or try these:
http://greekfood.about.com/od/greekchees...sefeta.htm
1. In sandwiches, with chicken and pesto.
2. On top of french fries with oregano.
3. On top of cream-based sauce for pasta.
Feta cubes, drizzled with good olive oil, some marinated kalamata and greek olives on the side, and some pita bread or even crusty bread, and you are looking at St. Joseph's lunch.  You can add some roasted red peppers, marinated in olive oil and a couple of garlic cloves overnight, and a few anchovies and sardines, plus a little red wine, and you are eating like ancient royalty. 
Ohhhh - they all sound so good!!!!
I call it fetid cheese.  Sorry, but I do.
Definitely spanakopita!  Just make sure there is lemon juice and no nutmeg.  Yes, it's time consuming but you get to use fun kitchen gadgets to brush on LOTS of butter on the phyllo dough.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ita-107344
(07-10-2009, 10:17 PM)epalinurus Wrote: [ -> ]Feta cubes, drizzled with good olive oil, some marinated kalamata and greek olives on the side, and some pita bread or even crusty bread, and you are looking at St. Joseph's lunch.  You can add some roasted red peppers, marinated in olive oil and a couple of garlic cloves overnight, and a few anchovies and sardines, plus a little red wine, and you are eating like ancient royalty. 

Best idea I've heard, so far. 

As for Doc... go eat some limburger   

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4