FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Good Catholic magazines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can anyone recommend a good traditional, Catholic magazine?

I'm thinking of subscribing to the Latin Mass Magazine in September, but I figured I'd ask you all.  Which do you think is the best, and most "worthy" traditional magazine?
"From the Housetops" is considered one of the best perioficals. Very traditional but no doom and gloom, this bishop is doing this and that pope is doing that, we're all going to hell garbage.
I get the Latin Mass.  It's a great publication and it usually takes me awhile to get through all the articles, some of which are quite weighty (but it also has its share of shorter and to-the-point articles as well).  I like the goal of the magazine - that is to reconcile the Mass itself with the world so as to create a renewal of Catholic culture.  They do this by having great articles on music, poetry, art, architecture, lots of history, as well as the occasional catechism lesson.

I'm not sure of many other publications - there's the Wanderer, which seems pretty good.  I don't currently subscribe so I can't vouch for all its material.
(07-12-2009, 06:43 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]"From the Housetops" is considered one of the best perioficals. Very traditional but no doom and gloom, this bishop is doing this and that pope is doing that, we're all going to hell garbage.

http://www.saintbenedict.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SBCRGS&Category_Code=FTH

That?
(07-12-2009, 06:46 PM)Stephanos Wrote: [ -> ]I get the Latin Mass.  It's a great publication and it usually takes me awhile to get through all the articles, some of which are quite weighty (but it also has its share of shorter and to-the-point articles as well).  I like the goal of the magazine - that is to reconcile the Mass itself with the world so as to create a renewal of Catholic culture.  They do this by having great articles on music, poetry, art, architecture, lots of history, as well as the occasional catechism lesson.

I'm not sure of many other publications - there's the Wanderer, which seems pretty good.  I don't currently subscribe so I can't vouch for all its material.

Excellent.  I think that is a large factor in my decision. 

Thanks.
(07-12-2009, 07:12 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2009, 06:43 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]"From the Housetops" is considered one of the best perioficals. Very traditional but no doom and gloom, this bishop is doing this and that pope is doing that, we're all going to hell garbage.

http://www.saintbenedict.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SBCRGS&Category_Code=FTH

That?

Yes.
The Catholic, a quarterly from the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer, is always good for a mix of Catholic commentary, history and devotional material. In my experience they seem to send out bonus publications published by their press - a book, or a calendar - with each issue. Great value at £10 per annum; definitely available in the US, although I'm not sure about prices.

I've never heard of it. I wonder if they have any samples online.
I used to enjoy the articles in Christian History & Biography magazine, but that was before I was fully catechized.  Since then I haven't touched it but have been looking for a Catholic equivalent. 
(07-12-2009, 06:46 PM)Stephanos Wrote: [ -> ]I get the Latin Mass.  It's a great publication and it usually takes me awhile to get through all the articles, some of which are quite weighty (but it also has its share of shorter and to-the-point articles as well).  I like the goal of the magazine - that is to reconcile the Mass itself with the world so as to create a renewal of Catholic culture.  They do this by having great articles on music, poetry, art, architecture, lots of history, as well as the occasional catechism lesson.

Der Wanderer is getting to expensive.
Pages: 1 2 3