FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Neocatechumenal Way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-12-2009, 09:00 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy See approved “The Way” in 2008 so I have to hope the Pope knows what he’s doing. However, on a parish level, any small faith group can get kooky – just as the RCIA ministry can get kooky. I understand the post-catechumenate period. Most parishes that have RCIA also have a “settling in” period called Mystagogy. But the Neocatechumenal Way is not Mystagogy. It’s much, much more. How long do neophytes need to hold each other’s hands and stand apart from other Catholics? I would think assimilation in ordinary parish and liturgical life as soon as possible should be strongly encouraged (of course, who agrees on what is “ordinary” these days?) Maybe I just don’t understand The Way’s purpose.

- Lisa

Ah just tell the fellas to join the Knights and learn to flip pancakes. Nothing better for settling in than turning pancakes while drinking screwdrivers.
(07-13-2009, 02:57 PM)WilfredLeblanc Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't take Urquhart's seemingly objectionable positions on the hot-button issues as a reason to dismiss anything else he might have to say. He might be quite right about Focolare and quite wrong about contraception, abortion, homosexual marriage, etc.

That's fair enough, but the danger is that as someone with an axe to grind, he might well distort the evidence for the purposes of his case. Here's something he wrote for The Tablet:
Quote:For some years, in the late Eighties, I was a member of Quest, the British support group for gay Catholics. During this time I became aware that a sea-change had occurred in attitudes to church authority.... I recall an occasion when I was manning Quest's stand at the annual Gay Pride fair in London. A banner declaring our identity as an organisation for gay Catholics provoked gales of laughter from passers-by: for them the terms gay and Catholic were incompatible.
His byline in The Guardian announces that he is a "former priest". As I said, he may be right in some - or even all - of what he says about the Neo-Catechumenal Way, but I would be inclined to look elsewhere for information if possible.
Quote: well, i am a seminarian . . . [a]  22 year old pakistani in pakistan

My goodness, Josh. How big is your seminary class? Pakistan can't be an easy place to be training for the priesthood. Welcome!
(07-12-2009, 09:02 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]AVOID LIKE PLAGUE!!!!!!!
amen
(07-13-2009, 08:47 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2009, 07:59 PM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2009, 07:46 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]There's a new priest at our local NO parish and he's trained in the "Neocatechumenal Way."  What is this?  One of the websites I've found is starting to scare me . . .  http://charismatic-heresy.blogspot.com/2...l-way.html.

Heresy.

I would be very cautious with such statements. Jesus Christ and His Church is the judge, and the Church approved the neocathecumenal way is 2008.

http://www.zenit.org/article-22886?l=english

Some communities of the neocathechumenal way, even the founders may have erroneous teaching, but the whole movement using is approved. You or anyone else has rights to contact the Congregation of Faith about their documented abuses, but the judgment belongs to the Holy See 

The bottom line is that they get vocations and we need priests in union with the Church. 

laszlo

I can only speak about what I've seen, and, to me,  that's what it appears be.
(07-13-2009, 08:47 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2009, 07:59 PM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2009, 07:46 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]There's a new priest at our local NO parish and he's trained in the "Neocatechumenal Way."  What is this?  One of the websites I've found is starting to scare me . . .  http://charismatic-heresy.blogspot.com/2...l-way.html.

Heresy.

I would be very cautious with such statements. Jesus Christ and His Church is the judge, and the Church approved the neocathecumenal way is 2008.

http://www.zenit.org/article-22886?l=english

Some communities of the neocathechumenal way, even the founders may have erroneous teaching, but the whole movement using is approved. You or anyone else has rights to contact the Congregation of Faith about their documented abuses, but the judgment belongs to the Holy See 

The bottom line is that they get vocations and we need priests in union with the Church. 

laszlo
Thats a pretty dumb thing to say. Have you been involved with them? Did you know that Zenit is owned by the Legion? Wake up.
(07-14-2009, 05:48 AM)Orville_B_Croft Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a pretty dumb thing to say. Have you been involved with them? Did you know that Zenit is owned by the Legion? Wake up.

1./ (for dumb) Luke 10:21 In that same hour, he rejoiced in the Holy Ghost, and said: I confess to thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to little ones. Yea, Father, for so it hath seemed good in thy sight.

2./ I wasn't involved with them, but strictly believe that the judgment belongs to God and the Church, and that the modern way in both side of the spectrum to judge exploiting one sided details.

3./ The Zenith (and the BBC and other sources) quote the Vatican documents. with names and dates. Do you have evidence that they intentionaly falsify the truth?
*groan* Don't waste good scripture on a jerk like me.
[Image: neocatechumenalcommunion.JPG]
Thats the Neocats receiving Communion. Rome said for them not to do it but most are still receiving in this fashion.

Zenit are a horrible news source and are a bunch of warm and fuzzys neo conned wally wacks. Even if they didn't falsify the truth I wouldn't waste my time going there.

Carry on.
lol, man that was before they told us to change , now we receive the communion standing up, that is why we have the church to correct us ,

well our seminaries are international based seminaries, this one opened in 2006 december, with seven seminarians, all from the communities, and from different countries, because we are supposed to be missionaries an also dioceian, now for this month we are on holidays, lol, thats why i can use this forum, but now we are 5 pakistanis, 2 brasilians, i ecuadorian, and 1 paraguayian, an maybe this year we get 3 more, and one will be sent to another redemtoris mater seminary

peace

josh...
well i was going to but i wont bother for the new lads sake.
ill give him some time.
but yeah
peace
sip sip
Pages: 1 2 3 4