FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Looking for a Marian Monogram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not terribly sure where to put this...

As some of you know, not long ago, with your help, I had a tattoo of the IHS monogram done. I'm now looking for a similar monogram for Mary to have done below the IHS.

God willing, I am going to consecrate myself to the Blessed Virgin after the method of St Louis de Montfort on the Feast of the Assumption. As a symbol and reminder of this total consecration, much in the way St Louis suggests wearing a chain for this purpose, I am getting this tattoo. As I mentioned in the thread I started for the other tattoo, this is not to debate the status of tattoos in our religion (there are enough threads covering this here...). Thanks in advance for your input.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, for those who are not too sure what I mean...

[Image: Mary+monogram.gif]
That's cool! I've never seen that particular symbol before. What's it called?

I've always wanted a little Auspice Maria myself, but I think I'm too chicken. Pain scares me, but I want one so badly!  :P

[Image: auspice.jpg]
(07-13-2009, 11:15 AM)actiofidei Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not terribly sure where to put this...

As some of you know, not long ago, with your help, I had a tattoo of the IHS monogram done. I'm now looking for a similar monogram for Mary to have done below the IHS.

God willing, I am going to consecrate myself to the Blessed Virgin after the method of St Louis de Montfort on the Feast of the Assumption. As a symbol and reminder of this total consecration, much in the way St Louis suggests wearing a chain for this purpose, I am getting this tattoo. As I mentioned in the thread I started for the other tattoo, this is not to debate the status of tattoos in our religion (there are enough threads covering this here...). Thanks in advance for your input.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, for those who are not too sure what I mean...

[Image: Mary+monogram.gif]

Creepy... I was going to make this exact thread, for just about the same purpose. I have seen the symbol above (blue) and have always wondered what it was. That symbol is on a wall in the church I go too and I have always been fascinated by it. The one at my church is mirrored than what you posted.
This is like the one on the altar at my church, "The Immaculate Heart of Mary"

Only ours is red and gold
[Image: mcd651.jpg]
Here's one I saw yesterday on a statue plinth:
[Image: 3716513313_279f83a9cb.jpg?v=0]
And banner:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2594/3716...a0.jpg?v=0
I am having this one hand carved out of white oak. ("18x18") It is for a gothic medieval prie dieu I am having built for my son.

[Image: 3868_250.gif]

This one is similar.

[Image: Graduation148.jpg]

Both would make good tattoos IMO. Lionheart Apparel's website has the history of this Marian Symbol if you want the historical background.

God Bless
Hi!

I have been making some sketches for a Maria monogram I would like to have, and this is what I arrived at:

[Image: 11rgidw.jpg]

The monogram itself is of course inspired on the chi-rho monogram and will be done in black. The rectangular shapes and the letters SMV OPN forming a cross will be done in blue.