FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: White House: Like Obama, Surgeon General Nominee Benjamin Pro-Abortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Washington, DC -- White House officials have confirmed that President Barack Obama's nominee for Surgeon General may be a Catholic, but agrees with his pro-abortion position. Regina Benjamin is a well-regarded Alabama physician who has been honored by the Catholic Church for helping poor residents of her state.

http://www.LifeNews.com/nat5220.html
Does anyone else find it creepy that Obama continues to nominate Pro-abort apostate Catholics to every position of government? I mean, 1 or 2 I can see as coincidence but every position! I mean he's got be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find these yahoos! I see all of this in 1 of 2 ways ...

1) Obama is antichrist or something close and he naturally is going to surround himself with apostasy

2) Obama is trying to make is easier on the Blessed Mother when Russia is converted. Mary will convert all of those hardened hearts and we will have a country run by devout Catholics

I am not holding my breath for #2
(07-15-2009, 12:39 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else find it creepy that Obama continues to nominate Pro-abort apostate Catholics to every position of government? I mean, 1 or 2 I can see as coincidence but every position! I mean he's got be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find these yahoos! I see all of this in 1 of 2 ways ...

1) Obama is antichrist or something close and he naturally is going to surround himself with apostasy

2) Obama is trying to make is easier on the Blessed Mother when Russia is converted. Mary will convert all of those hardened hearts and we will have a country run by devout Catholics

I am not holding my breath for #2

Even the people he nominated who [b]had to drop out[/b] -- Tom Daschle, Bill Richardson, to name two most prominent ones -- meet this definition.  He definitely knows who his most legitimate philosophical enemy is and he is trying to co-opt it, if only superficially, if that's all he can do.
(07-15-2009, 11:55 AM)juliee Wrote: [ -> ]Washington, DC -- White House officials have confirmed that President Barack Obama's nominee for Surgeon General may be a Catholic, but agrees with his pro-abortion position. Regina Benjamin is a well-regarded Alabama physician who has been honored by the Catholic Church for helping poor residents of her state.

and?

BW Bush beleived in abortion exceptions, as did McCain-for rape,incest and "life of mother", which basically includes ambiguities athat could mean about 99% of all abortions,so......

To bad this forum did not care about that last 8+ yrs.........
(07-15-2009, 01:30 PM)Belloc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2009, 11:55 AM)juliee Wrote: [ -> ]Washington, DC -- White House officials have confirmed that President Barack Obama's nominee for Surgeon General may be a Catholic, but agrees with his pro-abortion position. Regina Benjamin is a well-regarded Alabama physician who has been honored by the Catholic Church for helping poor residents of her state.

and?

BW Bush beleived in abortion exceptions, as did McCain-for rape,incest and "life of mother", which basically includes ambiguities athat could mean about 99% of all abortions,so......

To bad this forum did not care about that last 8+ yrs.........

It is a gross injustice to equate Bush's views on abortion -- given his appointments to the courts and relevant cabinet positions and legislative actions related to the matter -- with Obama's.  It sounds like your argument is "Unless a president has a perfectly Catholic position on abortion, his views (and thus his actions) are essentialy the the same as the most pro-abortion president in US history."
I think that one of President Obama's many agendas is to continue and broaden the divide between Catholics and "Catholics", and thereby undermine the Church, in America first and abroad if possible.  I'm sure he is famliar, at least in sketch, with the fact that the Church built the entire civilization that we enjoy, and that it is a major influence throughout the world.  Additionally, I'm sure he perceives the hierarchy as very hardlined about abortion, etc., so he seeks to undermine its ifluence this way.  Since I doubt very much that he perceives the Church for what She is, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to see the "Old" one go away and a "new" one take its place that focuses exclusively on "social justice" issues (as "Catholics" perceive them) and doesn't engage in the sticky and hate-filled issues of sexual morality, conversion, and Jesus Christ.  I don't think he's the anti-Christ; isn't there a bunch of other stuff that is supposed to accompany his reign?  But he's certainly preparing the ground, if only unconsciously (since I doubt very much that the President has a fully formed notion of the enemy).