FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A quick poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Isn't this kinda like horoscope stuff?  Seems rather fishy to me (pun intended).  :fish:
I wrote a long explanation on that other thread about how ISTJ may be the perfect personality for the TLM.  Go figure.
(07-16-2009, 11:37 AM)Ygnacia Wrote: [ -> ]A friend and I were talking, and we both wondered if there are certain personality types that are attracted to the Latin mass more than others, according to the Myers-Briggs personality test.
For example, my husband is an ISTJ, and he has no interest in the Latin Mass at all. That personality tends to be straightforward with no frills. I on the other hand am an INFJ, and I live for the Latin Mass and anything truly Roman Catholic.
:) Anyone want to list their personality type?? 

I tried to check out this types Not so bad. (I am INTj with strong introvert, mild intuitive and thinking low judging charasterictics).

I believe for this group the Introvert and the Judging  factor is the the decisive.

The TLM is the priest and Christ and for me as lay person also Christ and me. The community is secondary. The reverent New Mass is : me, as a member of the community and Christ.

Perceiving people accept the reality which for the majority is the New Mass. One must have judging character to go with the extremely small minority.  (less than 4,000 priest vs 400,000 worldwide)

Since my judging level is low I do not see value difference between the Ordinary and Extraordinary form if the Mass is celebrated with reverence. I remember TLM masses without any reverence and I attend New Order  masses celebrated with full reverence. Christ is the same, and being thinker I do not think that anything else is decisively important.

laszlo

laszlo
Not sure about this ISTJ stuff, but I'm very melancholic and secondarily phlegmatic.  I only go to the Divine Liturgies of St. John Chrysostom and St. Basil.  No TLM for me ;)
Myers-Briggs Prayers

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41:23 a.m. E.S.T.

ISTP: God, help me to consider people’s feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

ESTP: God, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they’re usually NOT my fault.

ESTJ: God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.

ISFJ: Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right.

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don’t mind my asking).

ESFP: God, help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing.

ESFJ: God, give me patience, and I mean right NOW.

INFJ: Lord, help me not to be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)

INFP: God, help me to finish everything I sta

ENFP: God, help me to keep my mind on one th - Look a bird! - at a time.

ENFJ: God, help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?

INTJ: Lord, keep me open to other’s ideas, *wrong* though they may be.

INTP: Lord, help me to be less independent, but let me do it my way.

ENTP: Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I’ll settle for a few minutes.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

http://coffeeklatch.pfitzinger.net/2008/...s-prayers/
I tested INTj so I'm a pioneer? What I like is the prayers above from Marc, the one for  INTj captures me pretty much.
tim
Pages: 1 2