FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Commemoration of Our Lady of Mount Carmel!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Woohoo! 

Today's the Commemoration of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. 

It's also the day I got enrolled in the brown scapular (in the old rite by an FSSP priest, no less!).  ;D

I know we have a lot of brown scapular wearers.  Did you commemorate this day in any way?? 

As a question:  For the Sabbatine Privilege, do I pray the Divine Office?  And, which offices would this be?  Matins, Lauds, Vespers, and Compline?  Thanks!

God bless!
(07-16-2009, 04:59 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Woohoo! 

It's also the day I got enrolled in the brown scapular (in the old rite by an FSSP priest, no less!).   ;D

I know we have a lot of brown scapular wearers.  Did you commemorate this day in any way?? 

As a question:  For the Sabbatine Privilege, do I pray the Divine Office?  And, which offices would this be?  Matins, Lauds, Vespers, and Compline?  Thanks!

God bless!

I think the requirement is the Little Office of the BVM, or you can have it commuted by your priest to be the Rosary instead.
(07-16-2009, 05:21 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]

It's also the day I got enrolled in the brown scapular (in the old rite by an FSSP priest, no less!).   ;D

God bless!

I think the requirement is the Little Office of the BVM, or you can have it commuted by your priest to be the Rosary instead.

Ah.  Ok.  The FE mainpage said the Divine Office would be ok.  But, I can always double check elsewhere.  Thanks.  :-D
I've been a Tertiary of Carmel for over twenty years so today is an Holy Day of Obligation for me. As to the Sabbatine Privilege, the Little Office is the norm. It can be commuted to the Rosary by any priest with faculties to hear confessions, but if one is bound to the Divine Office or says it out of devotion it fulfills the requirement.
(07-16-2009, 05:21 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]

God bless!

I concur. 

This is also the anniversary of my Total Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I renewed my Consecration at the Communion rail before daily mass. 

+Ad Jesum per Mariam+

Pray Crucifix Monstrance Crucifix Pray
[Image: AntiqueMtCarmelPrint.jpg]

Flower of Carmel,
Tall vine blossom laden;
Splendor of heaven,
Childbearing yet maiden.
None equals thee.

Mother so tender,
Who no man didst know,
On Carmel's children
Thy favors bestow.