FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Most Holy Family Monastery in legal dispute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone wanna wager that the Dimonds hire themselves a sharp [Edit by moderator: remove racist connotations] lawyer?
I want to put the Dimond Brothers in a room with the Phelps family and see what happens.  :pazzo:
I wonder what on earth they've done with that much money? Have they spent it? Are they building themselves a Priory? That to me is the interesting part of the issue.  Are they just sitting on it, or is it that they really can't return it to the man?

Perhaps they bought a yacht and were sailing the high seas in a grand style. A crystal champagne glass in their hands..... lounging in diamond studded cushy lawn chairs....... Toasting each other.   :laughing: :laughing: Cheers!
(07-21-2009, 08:56 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what on earth they've done with that much money? Have they spent it? Are they building themselves a Priory? That to me is the interesting part of the issue.  Are they just sitting on it, or is it that they really can't return it to the man?

Perhaps they bought a yacht and were sailing the high seas in a grand style. A crystal champagne glass in their hands..... lounging in diamond studded cushy lawn chairs....... Toasting each other.   :laughing: :laughing: Cheers!

With T-Pain?
(07-20-2009, 11:25 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Please do not use that term.

It is derogatory and offensive to the members of Fr. Feeney's Order, The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

The Dimond Brothers may have adopted some of the late Fr. Feeney's personal theology, but that does not mean they are in any way associated with each other, as Most Holy Family Monastery has publicly condemned Fr. Feeney and his spiritual followers as heretics who are bound to hell.

It is no more accurate to associate the Dimond Brothers with St. Benedict Center(Fr. Feeney's Apostolate) than with the Benedictines.

They have condemned them because they are for the most part Novus Ordo or recognize Benedict XVI as the legitimate pontiff NOT because of Fr. Feeney's heretical beliefs. In fact, the Broothers Diamond condemn everyone who doesn't agree with them to hell. As for the members of Fr. Feeney's order... their baggage is their problem!
(07-21-2009, 09:22 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2009, 08:56 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what on earth they've done with that much money? Have they spent it? Are they building themselves a Priory? That to me is the interesting part of the issue.  Are they just sitting on it, or is it that they really can't return it to the man?

With T-Pain?

Yeah, de plain on de yacht, sure. Why not? It's not that much more money, to do that I mean.
[Image: Fantasy-Island-Photograph-C12148275.jpeg]

(07-21-2009, 04:22 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2009, 09:22 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

With T-Pain?

Yeah, de plain on de yacht, sure. Why not? It's not that much more money, to do that I mean.
[Image: Fantasy-Island-Photograph-C12148275.jpeg]

True
do the diamond or whatever brothers even have holy orders? what about monks or is it a family operation?
(07-22-2009, 02:38 AM)Tobri Wrote: [ -> ]do the diamond or whatever brothers even have holy orders? what about monks or is it a family operation?

No. The brothers are "brothers."
It's unfair, I think, to attack the Dimond brothers on this one.

How could one be ignorant of the fact that the MHFM was NOT affiliated with the post-Vatican Benedictine Order? All you have to do is google them.

The fellow who gave them the money made a stupid mistake that he now regrets. Sad, but tough luck.

And under IRS regulations, MHFM probably couldn't give the money back even if they wanted to.

The lawsuit seems like a typical legal shakedown. The donor's lawyer will cash in on this one — lots of bucks for depositions, interrogatories, etc. — but I don't think the guy will get a cent. Caveat emptor.

Moreover, at some point it will occur to MHFM's lawyers to argue that the whole thing is forbidden by the First Amendment. Since when do Federal judges get to decide which is the "real" Benedictine Order?
Pages: 1 2 3 4