FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Most Holy Family Monastery in legal dispute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-22-2009, 02:38 AM)Tobri Wrote: [ -> ]do the diamond or whatever brothers even have holy orders? what about monks or is it a family operation?

They are Sedes, also, they advertise on Alex Jones trashing the Church and Jones tends to think the RCC is NWO........
(07-21-2009, 03:47 AM)Dauphin Wrote: [ -> ]I want to put the Dimond Brothers in a room with the Phelps family and see what happens.  :pazzo:

Wow....that was great!!  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ;D
(07-20-2009, 11:25 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Please do not use that term.

It is derogatory and offensive to the members of Fr. Feeney's Order, The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

The Dimond Brothers may have adopted some of the late Fr. Feeney's personal theology, but that does not mean they are in any way associated with each other, as Most Holy Family Monastery has publicly condemned Fr. Feeney and his spiritual followers as heretics who are bound to hell.

It is no more accurate to associate the Dimond Brothers with St. Benedict Center(Fr. Feeney's Apostolate) than with the Benedictines.

Agreed.
(07-22-2009, 11:22 AM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]It's unfair, I think, to attack the Dimond brothers on this one.

How could one be ignorant of the fact that the MHFM was NOT affiliated with the post-Vatican Benedictine Order? All you have to do is google them.

The fellow who gave them the money made a stupid mistake that he now regrets. Sad, but tough luck.

And under IRS regulations, MHFM probably couldn't give the money back even if they wanted to.

The lawsuit seems like a typical legal shakedown. The donor's lawyer will cash in on this one — lots of bucks for depositions, interrogatories, etc. — but I don't think the guy will get a cent. Caveat emptor.

Moreover, at some point it will occur to MHFM's lawyers to argue that the whole thing is forbidden by the First Amendment. Since when do Federal judges get to decide which is the "real" Benedictine Order?

I'm sorry I poked fun at them, really. I'm a hapless sinner. Pathetic and hapless.  :pray2:

But I hope the Dimond Brothers will give the man his money back, whatever they still have, that is. That seems like the best way of it, to me.
(07-20-2009, 01:03 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 11:22 AM)Pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not a Benedictine monastery, then what exactly is it?

They're an order associated with St. Bernard of Madoff.
LOLOLFLOLOLLllOLLOLOOLo :laughing: ;D :laughing: ;D :-* :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
+1 fishe!!!
Then there's the latest American saint, St. Obama of Madup.
(07-23-2009, 10:37 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]Then there's the latest American saint, St. Obama of Madup.

Madup or Madeup?  Just askin'.
(07-22-2009, 11:22 AM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]It's unfair, I think, to attack the Dimond brothers on this one.

How could one be ignorant of the fact that the MHFM was NOT affiliated with the post-Vatican Benedictine Order? All you have to do is google them.

The fellow who gave them the money made a stupid mistake that he now regrets. Sad, but tough luck.

And under IRS regulations, MHFM probably couldn't give the money back even if they wanted to.

The lawsuit seems like a typical legal shakedown. The donor's lawyer will cash in on this one — lots of bucks for depositions, interrogatories, etc. — but I don't think the guy will get a cent. Caveat emptor.

Moreover, at some point it will occur to MHFM's lawyers to argue that the whole thing is forbidden by the First Amendment. Since when do Federal judges get to decide which is the "real" Benedictine Order?

Father, I'm guessing this is sour grapes of some sort.  You know, we see it all the time in the "trad world": someone gives money to a chapel or society, the chapel or society does something they don't like, and they demand their money back.  I don't know this for sure, obviously, but it's definitely possible if not  probable.

What is more distressing is the sheer amount of cash given to people (the Dimonds) who, as far as I can tell, don't have a semblance of credentials.

When I donate money to religious organizations, as a layman, I detach myself from it.  Laymen should give the money and trust (within reason of course) the priests, monks, etc.  Otherwise you end up with situations like Fr. Fessio and nobility who think they have the right to choose bishops.

But, like you point out, the research should be done first - especially when there is a large amount of money involved.
Quote:They have condemned them because they are for the most part Novus Ordo or recognize Benedict XVI as the legitimate pontiff NOT because of Fr. Feeney's heretical beliefs. In fact, the Broothers Diamond condemn everyone who doesn't agree with them to hell. As for the members of Fr. Feeney's order... their baggage is their problem!

Fr. Feeney's theology is his own and it is not heretical nor was itever censured by the Church. The alte Fr. Feeney's Order, though split into different branches, enjoy recognition by the local Ordinaries. The Ecclesia Dei Pontifical Commission attested that Fr. Feeney, who never abandoned his theology, died within the Church, which is impossible for a heretic. Your assertion that he and his Order hold heretical beliefs is your opinion and goes against the judgment of the Church.

They are also not "Novus Ordo." They are Catholics who are loyal to the pope but only attend the Mass and receive the sacrament sin the old Rite.

And you're right about the Dimond Brothers condemning all to hell who disagree with them; Fr.'s Order does not. They recognized and have attested that Fr. Feeney's theology was just that-his theology and they don't hold it equal to the Magesterium or hold anyone to beleif it so long as they don't deny the thrice defined dogma of EENS.
Fr. Leonard Feeney was excommunicated in the early 1950's. I'm too busy to dig out the document right now, but it does exist. The Brothers Diamond are sedes. There is no denying that fact (not the issue though). As I said before, anyone who disagrees with the Diamonds  is "outside of the Church."

Unfortunately, the poor soul who gave them the money is out of luck. You don't give with strings attached (even to creeps).
Pages: 1 2 3 4