FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: TLM at St Peter !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-25-2009, 07:52 AM)savienu Wrote: [ -> ]What's different about a Pontifical High Mass in the Old Rite versus just a regular High Mass TLM? This could explain why Pope Benedict, who called the New Mass a fabrication, has not celebrated a TLM.

A Pontifical High Mass is fairly manageable.  A Papal High Mass takes an immense amount of planning and effort.  To my knowledge, the Pope rarely celebrated Mass publicly pre-VII.

I think the first step should be a Solemn Mass in the Presence of the Soverign Pontiff.  That's more manageable if you want the Pope involved with the Mass.
Perhaps, if Pope Benedict wanted to celebrate an EF Mass publicly, he could celebrate a Pontifical High Mass rather than a Papal High Mass.
(07-25-2009, 03:36 PM)MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 07:52 AM)savienu Wrote: [ -> ]What's different about a Pontifical High Mass in the Old Rite versus just a regular High Mass TLM? This could explain why Pope Benedict, who called the New Mass a fabrication, has not celebrated a TLM.

A Pontifical High Mass is fairly manageable.  A Papal High Mass takes an immense amount of planning and effort.  To my knowledge, the Pope rarely celebrated Mass publicly pre-VII.

I think the first step should be a Solemn Mass in the Presence of the Soverign Pontiff.  That's more manageable if you want the Pope involved with the Mass.

What's the difference between the 2 though?
(07-25-2009, 11:04 PM)savienu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 03:36 PM)MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote: [ -> ]

What's the difference between the 2 though?

Though I probably should know, I have to admit I don't know the difference either, and I'd be interested in learning.
I hope someone puts this on video for everyone to see!
Pages: 1 2 3 4