FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: come one! come all! to the polka mass!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Polka Mass slated at All Saints Church

A Polka Mass will be celebrated at 4 p.m. today at All Saints Catholic Church, 628 Lime City Rd., Rossford. Toledo

The polka band, which consists of parishioners, features seven accordionists plus clarinet, drums, and piano.
The group began after All Saints' pastor, the Rev. Kent Kaufman, began taking accordion lessons and invited novice and skilled "squeezebox" players to join him at practice sessions.

The polka band will be making its debut during the All Saints Parish Festival.

How lovely, just because the pastor has a penchant for polka, this is now going to be incorporated into the mass... Let's hope he doesn't develope a taste for hip-hop~
I like polka.

I do not like it in the Mass.

Although, I'm surprised there's a priest out there who likes polka enough to have a Mass.   ;D  Everyone I've met hates the stuff.

Edit:  Although, I do know that some priests in Polish-dominated parishes think it's nice to have these [Polka Masses].

Not sure why...  But, yeah.  Oddly enough, they are almost always related to a festival of sorts.  Just...  have it at the festival... not in Mass.
Why can't people just keep this stuff in the church undercroft? Our pastor loves polka. Plays the accordion too. He's very proud of his musical talents.. and is happy to share them at the annual Oktoberfest or the Adult Social Bingo. 

- Lisa
If there's any liturgical dancing, it's sure to be better than some I've been forced to endure....

For that matter, the music is bound to be better than a bunch of old hippies playing guitars, too.

And it's a one-time thing. Unlike  *shudder* Lifeteen, which is a weekly hootenanny at an awful lot of local partishes.   
Welcome to our caring Catholic community.  Please stand for our gathering hymn. 

(07-27-2009, 07:59 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope he doesn't develop a taste for hip-hop~

Why should folks with a taste for inner city culture be deprived of liturgical abuse?

Actually I'd like to see a Hip Hop mess as long as Coolio was presiding,  Snoop Dog could be an Usher and Usher could be and alter tron,  Eminem could be the lay reader/rapper, and Queen Latifa could pretend to be a nun or lay wafer passer-outer...sounds like fun.

Better than polka anyway.
And a one-a and a two-a and a.....

(07-27-2009, 07:59 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]Polka Mass slated at All Saints Church

A Polka Mass will be celebrated at 4 p.m. today at All Saints Catholic Church, 628 Lime City Rd., Rossford. Toledo

The polka band, which consists of parishioners, features seven accordionists plus clarinet, drums, and piano.
The group began after All Saints' pastor, the Rev. Kent Kaufman, began taking accordion lessons and invited novice and skilled "squeezebox" players to join him at practice sessions.

How lovely, just because the pastor has a penchant for polka, this is now going to be incorporated into the mass... Let's hope he doesn't develope a taste for hip-hop~

I want bubbles and Lawrence Welk.......well, why not.....
(07-27-2009, 07:59 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]Polka Mass slated at All Saints Church

I'm in STL and we had a regular "polka mass" here, too.

It's worth noting that the only polish parish here in town that hosted a "polka mass" also just went schismatic and heretical and are playing host to a defrocked homosexual priest. Not to mention the parish has been suppressed, their lay board of directors excommunicated, and the whole shebang is getting sued by the Archdiocese.
(07-29-2009, 12:25 AM)Reichsjager Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm in STL and we had a regular "polka mass" here, too.

It's worth noting that the only polish parish here in town that hosted a "polka mass" also just went schismatic and heretical and are playing host to a defrocked homosexual priest. Not to mention the parish has been suppressed, their lay board of directors excommunicated, and the whole shebang is getting sued by the Archdiocese.

Queer and polka-that must be interesting....... :o