FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sweets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
My dad's adopted mother used to make sweet potato suffle before she died, it was about the best I've ever had and I think even had brown sugar on top, but if not it was something that carmelized into a crisp and sweet crust, yum. It's been nearly 15 years since I had it like that, but I still remember how good it was and how the whole house smelled when it was cooked.
(10-07-2009, 12:39 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: [ -> ]My dad's adopted mother used to make sweet potato suffle before she died, it was about the best I've ever had and I think even had brown sugar on top, but if not it was something that carmelized into a crisp and sweet crust, yum. It's been nearly 15 years since I had it like that, but I still remember how good it was and how the whole house smelled when it was cooked.

You mean the sweet potato casserole with the crumb topping? That's good, for sure, especially if it's full of pecans and crushed pineapple. That crisp topping is made by combining melted butter with flour and brown sugar. Goggleeyes, are you reading?
(10-06-2009, 04:24 AM)Neselba Wrote: [ -> ]wow!

Apple pie ...the love of my sister and me too ....think it  most better than any other...whoohoo!

I agree - apple pie is awesome!
(10-11-2009, 09:54 PM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2009, 04:24 AM)Neselba Wrote: [ -> ]wow!

Apple pie ...the love of my sister and me too ....think it  most better than any other...whoohoo!

I agree - apple pie is awesome!

But what kind?

I love Dutch apple pie -- more crumb topping.

But then French apple is so good, too.

Then standard American apple pie, deep dish, warm with vanilla ice cream. Oh, heck, they're all good.
(10-11-2009, 10:02 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]But what kind?

I love Dutch apple pie -- more crumb topping.

But then French apple is so good, too.

Then standard American apple pie, deep dish, warm with vanilla ice cream. Oh, heck, they're all good.

Yes, those.  ;D
(10-11-2009, 09:50 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2009, 12:39 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: [ -> ]My dad's adopted mother used to make sweet potato suffle before she died, it was about the best I've ever had and I think even had brown sugar on top, but if not it was something that carmelized into a crisp and sweet crust, yum. It's been nearly 15 years since I had it like that, but I still remember how good it was and how the whole house smelled when it was cooked.

You mean the sweet potato casserole with the crumb topping? That's good, for sure, especially if it's full of pecans and crushed pineapple. That crisp topping is made by combining melted butter with flour and brown sugar. Goggleeyes, are you reading?

Yup.  ;)

My mom has a similar recipe; the whole extended family asked for and now use it, too.
(07-27-2009, 08:54 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Inspired by Vox's post about making a pavlova for the 4th, I tried my hand at this New Zealand dessert.

I don't know if any other Aussies have said anything in these 9 pages (to lazy to check), but I am OUTRAGED that people on this forum refer to this traditional Australian dish as a 'New Zealand dessert'!!

Just joking .... maybe  :laughing:
(10-12-2009, 09:30 PM)SinfullyLate Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2009, 08:54 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Inspired by Vox's post about making a pavlova for the 4th, I tried my hand at this New Zealand dessert.

I don't know if any other Aussies have said anything in these 9 pages (to lazy to check), but I am OUTRAGED that people on this forum refer to this traditional Australian dish as a 'New Zealand dessert'!!

Just joking .... maybe  :laughing:

You should just be glad that I know the difference between an Australian and a New Zealand accent!

But according to my sources, the dessert is eaten in both countries. Y'all will have to duke it out amongst yourselves.
(08-03-2009, 04:01 PM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about the bundt cake with the pudding inside, but I used to make a bundt cake that has a pretty solid custard on top.  After pouring the batter in the cake pan, I would pour the custard into the pan, through the cake batter, and it would fall through, winding up at the bottom of the pan; top of the cake, once turned right-side up.

Yes, I'm quoting my own post, but I thought I'd share a photo of the above-mentioned cake: 

[Image: 1258656242.jpg]

No, I didn't make it, my brother's wife did.  He simply carried it from his kitchen to his truck, then from his truck to the office break room.

He's probably worn out by the exertion.

The stuff on the lower-left is some kind of chocolate thing, that I'm wondering if I should've eaten, now that someone pointed out a certain ingredient possibility.  The stuff at the top, is a slice of store-bought cheesecake.  I'm not the only one that brought in a pie in a box.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13