FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sweets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(08-06-2009, 09:37 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2009, 08:45 AM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "little cookies that are like homemade moon pies," you don't mean whoopie pies, do you? I made some of those last month -- sooo delicious.

:shame:

Satori, dear.  This is a Catholic forum.  Please refer to them as W------ pies.

How about "marital debt pies"?
That is a good, Catholic name (however unappetizing it may be).
(08-06-2009, 09:31 AM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]I love my silicone spatulas, but I am leary of those silicone baking pans.

What is "Nocello"?

Nocello is a walnut liqueur.  Mmmmm.

I was scurd of those silicon baking pans, too, until I tested them.  They work just fine.  I used the second loaf pan to bake a bread today, and they are GREAT for frozen desserts.
I'm worried about having food next to hot silicon. Is that stupid? Those silicon muffin pans would make cupcakes so much easier.
I baked chocolate chip cookies today!!!! Its the firs time Ive done real baking in YEARS! im the "frozen dough on the cookie sheet" kinda person. ANYWAYS, it totally paid off! Super chewy, yummiest chocolate cip cookies Ive had in a long time, and it was easy!
(08-06-2009, 03:05 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]I'm worried about having food next to hot silicon. Is that stupid? Those silicon muffin pans would make cupcakes so much easier.

I wouldn't call it stupid, but the stuff's been on the marketplace for years (started out as that SilPat baking sheet liner from France) and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

The thing is, they don't make cupcakes THAT much easier.  To get those little things out, you have to upend them and/or push 'n' squeeze each one out individually.  Even with the silpans I use liners.

I was pretty wary myself of silpans in general until I tried a cheapie sunflower cake mold - I said Oh well, if I don't like it for cake, there's always JELL-O.

Twinkie-misu eated.  Meh, the 'topping' would have been way better with whipped cream cheese but I had what I had.
(08-06-2009, 03:05 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]I'm worried about having food next to hot silicon. Is that stupid? Those silicon muffin pans would make cupcakes so much easier.

They do. I love my silicon muffin tray. So knacky. Don't worry about a little silicon here and there; we're all going to die sometime anyway, you know.

Yesterday the girls and I made baked apples, and I put the apples in the silicon muffin tray..... That way the apples really bath in the butter and brown sugar while they cook.

Yummy.
(08-06-2009, 07:17 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I baked chocolate chip cookies today!!!! Its the firs time Ive done real baking in YEARS! im the "frozen dough on the cookie sheet" kinda person. ANYWAYS, it totally paid off! Super chewy, yummiest chocolate cip cookies Ive had in a long time, and it was easy!

That store bought cookie dough barely makes it to the oven here. The children snitch it straight from the container. (Hoping Satori the wonder chef doesn't think less of me for store bought cookie dough and boxed cake mixes...)  :-[
(08-06-2009, 01:00 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I've been jonesing for some cookies lately.  So I made these little ones that are like homemade moon pies.  Damned messy, but delicious!

Satori, try this for your tot:
[Image: duct_tape_baby_mianro.jpg]

If you want to get your cake out of the pan in once piece, try lining the pan with some parchment paper.  You'll have to cut a slit in the corners to make it fold correctly, but it's totally worth it.  I do the same thing for meatloaf.  It works well.

Oh my gosh, that poor baby!  :o
(08-07-2009, 10:45 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2009, 07:17 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I baked chocolate chip cookies today!!!! Its the firs time Ive done real baking in YEARS! im the "frozen dough on the cookie sheet" kinda person. ANYWAYS, it totally paid off! Super chewy, yummiest chocolate cip cookies Ive had in a long time, and it was easy!

That store bought cookie dough barely makes it to the oven here. The children snitch it straight from the container. (Hoping Satori the wonder chef doesn't think less of me for store bought cookie dough and boxed cake mixes...)   :-[

Don't forget the bread machine bread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13