FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sweets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(08-07-2009, 03:43 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Y'all are so sweet ... But Jaca's the only one on here who's actually eaten anything I baked.

>:(

Only because you don't ship.
(08-07-2009, 03:50 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2009, 03:43 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Y'all are so sweet ... But Jaca's the only one on here who's actually eaten anything I baked.

>:(

Only because you don't ship.

In all fairness, she did offer to ship some cookies, when she thought I was still in the military.

I could'a lied...

Just a little white lie.
I did ship, and I do. Jaca lives in NJ, I in VA. We had a little exchange via the post, and I included some cookies with mine.

Texican, I felt sorry for you when I thought you were in the military ... but I would still send you cookies.
You trade?!! 
[Image: sHa_yay.gif]

I will PM you with my shipping information.  I just made some sour cream cookies last night that should mail well.

ETA: or is that what you meant?!
(08-07-2009, 03:58 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]You trade?!! 
[Image: sHa_yay.gif]

I will PM you with my shipping information.  I just made some sour cream cookies last night that should mail well.

ETA: or is that what you meant?!

We traded books, but I'd trade cookies if I had a cheap way to do so!

Oh, Wahlberg, I wish I could give you some of my ranger cookies. Chock full of corn flakes, coconut, raisins and goodness ... they are a delicious, textural treat.
At the risk of sounding like DrBombay, I object to coconut and raisins in cookies.  They's icky.  Cornflakes, however, I support.  Anything that introduces cookies into breakfast is fine by me.

Cookies are easy to mail, actually.  As long as they have some kind of structure that wouldn't be destroyed by the USPS.  When my oldest brother went off to college, my mom used to mail him a box of chocolate chip cookies every month.  She'd just pack a box full of them and tape the lid tightly closed, then drop it in the post.  Some concessions need to be made for more delicate cookies, including tissue paper or wadded-up wax paper.
But do they stay fresh? That's what worries me.
Ship fresh cookies in sealed ziploc bags and they should be fine.  It's not the same as pulling them straight out of the oven, but a few days transit isn't the end of the world.

I'll go first if you like.
A' right. Is it still better than store-bought?
(08-07-2009, 03:55 PM)Satori Wrote: [ -> ]Texican, I felt sorry for you when I thought you were in the military ... but I would still send you cookies.

You should probably feel sorry for me because I'm no longer in the military.  ;D  (although the pay is better, here)

WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:Cookies are easy to mail, actually.  As long as they have some kind of structure that wouldn't be destroyed by the USPS.  When my oldest brother went off to college, my mom used to mail him a box of chocolate chip cookies every month.  She'd just pack a box full of them and tape the lid tightly closed, then drop it in the post.  Some concessions need to be made for more delicate cookies, including tissue paper or wadded-up wax paper.

When I was OCONUS, the moms and wives always seemed to use plain popcorn when shipping their guys cookies.
Just don't eat the popcorn.  :puke:
One wife even sent a six-pack of soft drinks, from Wisconsin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13