FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am  reading some more on Marie-Julie Jahenny and thinking about it more and I can say that I do not know if she has Church approval or not. It is an open question.
After reading the websites again and paying close attention, they all seem to be saying that it is a true apparition but not the exact words of it being bishop approved.

I must have gotten confused with equating true apparitions with Church approved.

At this point it seems, Catholics believe it is an authentic true apparition, but there seems to be no approval yet. I am not sure if there has been an investigation.

(07-30-2009, 07:42 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]I am  reading some more on Marie-Julie Jahenny and thinking about it more and I can say that I do not know if she has Church approval or not. It is an open question.
After reading the websites again and paying close attention, they all seem to be saying that it is a true apparition but not the exact words of it being bishop approved.

I must have gotten confused with equating true apparitions with Church approved.

At this point it seems, Catholics believe it is an authentic true apparition, but there seems to be no approval yet. I am not sure if there has been an investigation.

Thanks for that correction.  But it's still kind of misleading to say "Catholics believe it, etc."  No, *some* Catholics believe it is authentic.  The vast majority of Catholics have never heard of the revelations.  And one could be a perfectly good Catholic and not believe that it is authentic. 
(07-30-2009, 07:42 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]At this point it seems, Catholics believe it is an authentic true apparition, but there seems to be no approval yet. I am not sure if there has been an investigation.

Again, you have an interesting use of words. You state 'Catholics believe it is an authentic true apparition', as if all Catholics accept it. That is patently false as proven in this thread.  Many, many Catholics believe in the false apparitions of Medjugorje as well. There has been an investigation there and it is not approved. Simple belief even by many Catholics is absolutely no guarantee of authenticity. One must wait for official approval by the Church.
According to this site, Marie-Julie Jahenny's visions have full Church approval.

http://www.catholicrevelations.org/
(07-31-2009, 12:26 AM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]According to this site, Marie-Julie Jahenny's visions have full Church approval.

http://www.catholicrevelations.org/

We've already established that a number of websites (run by private individuals who have no authority) *claim* that the visions are approved.  However, no one yet has been able to *document* this with the name of the Church official who authorized the apparitions.  We need documentation.  The particular website you cite is particularly suspect as the person who wrote it thinks she is canonized -- she's listed with the prefix "St." in front of her name.  If that website cannot even get it right that she isn't canonized, why should we trust them to know whether her apparitions have been approved.  Then it's a question of which apparitions are authentic. 
(07-30-2009, 07:02 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2009, 05:34 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, SaintRafael, didn't you read my post above, where I explicitly disputed her having Church approval? 
I am talking about in an official way. You just asked a question on a discussion forum. I am talking about serious opposition, like a website, with information, links, and written work, documentation, and other data.

There is no website out there, no written papers, no documentation, no information against Marie-Julie Jahenny not being approved by the Church. This opposition exists for false apparitions like Medjugorje, where there is so much opposition and documentation showing Medjugorje has no Church approval.

Medjugorje has been in the news a lot, including the secular press, and it's controversial for a number of reasons so it is logical that there would be one or more websites attacking it.  Marie-Julie Jahenny has been dead for many years and thus not in the news.  If her cause ever advances to the point where canonization is imminent -- has she even been beatified? -- there might be a website or websites opposing her.  From what I know, she did not make a lot of money, if any, as a visionary, though, so she wouldn't attract the amount of negative attention the Medjugorje "visionaries" have. 

Lack of internet opposition to Marie-Julie Jahenny does not equate to Church approval of her visions.  There seems to be no documentation online as to whether the Church ever investigated her visions or stigmata.

If Marie Julie Jahenny is ever canonised,  it will be for her virtue which was ultra heroic.....              I dont think Marie Julie herself  ever gives it a thought.....  more than likely too busy with God's business,  as she was on Earth...

sincerely.....  Onesimus

mmmm, i could go for some of you right now . . .
i don't get it....just because some Catholics on the internet feels she is right doesn't raise her credibility one bit.

I am not saying that she could not be right, but its absolutely odd for the thread starter to claim that she is a great seer and mystic without producing any evidence or primary sources from the Church authorities themselves, whether or not these visions took place before or after Vatican II.

::)
According to this site, while it doesn't explcitly say her visions, etc. were given Church approval, it does say that she was noted for her "exemplary obedience to her spiritual directors and her bishop" and won the admiration of her lifelong friend, Monsignor Fourier, Bishop of Nantes, France.

http://www.communityofhopeinc.org/Prayer...julie.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5