FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fellay: talks in autumn.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone seen this yet? http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2009/07...mn-of.html

I inwardly cheered when I read what he said here.

What do you think of it—good news? I'm not an SSPXer, but I really like Bishop Fellay.

Embarrassed Oops, did I put this in the wrong subforum? I didn't want to start anything, only discuss this piece of (I think encouraging?) news.

Sounds like great news to me!

I like what he said about how the Church should transcend the Council. That's a very tactful way of saying it should be thrown in the garbage.
(07-31-2009, 01:41 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like great news to me!

I like what he said about how the Church should transcend the Council. That's a very tactful way of saying it should be thrown in the garbage.

This is the bottom line what he said

The Council is a mixture: there are good things, and bad. Even the Pope, when he maintains that a hermeneutic of continuity is to be desired, that he does not want a rupture, rejects the Council interpreted as rupture.
(07-31-2009, 12:52 PM)phnuggle Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone seen this yet? http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2009/07...mn-of.html

What do you think of it—good news? I'm not an SSPXer, but I really like Bishop Fellay.

Embarrassed Oops, did I put this in the wrong subforum? I didn't want to start anything, only discuss this piece of (I think encouraging?) news.

Overall, not too bad, thoug hit seems like he is sort of throwin Williamson under the bus wheels......maybe damage control or worried about image.....
(07-31-2009, 01:41 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like great news to me!

LOL  true, nice way to do it....
(07-31-2009, 02:06 PM)Belloc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2009, 12:52 PM)phnuggle Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone seen this yet? http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2009/07...mn-of.html

Overall, not too bad, thoug hit seems like he is sort of throwin Williamson under the bus wheels......maybe damage control or worried about image.....

I wouldn't say he threw Bp W under the bus.  I'd say he commented upon the position in which Bp Williamson placed himself.  He was fairly unequivocal about it.
Yes! This sounds very positive. As for Lord Bishop Williamson perhaps, and he has a superior mind, put the apology and his explanation in Catholic terms with which the SSPX and Vatican will agree, while simultaneously gently but firmly reject what I call  the Jewish Holocaust Doctrine of faith. Something along the lines that it was a terrible tragedy and included many others it was not  theological in nature but historical. perhaps explaining why he can see the significance of the six million number to the Jews for their own gemmatria (sp?) yet it would not be the same for Catholics. You get the idea and I'm no scholar nor a diplomat but he impresses me that he could be.
tim
(07-31-2009, 01:58 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]

This is the bottom line what he said

The Council is a mixture: there are good things, and bad. Even the Pope, when he maintains that a hermeneutic of continuity is to be desired, that he does not want a rupture, rejects the Council interpreted as rupture.

Right, and because there are bad things, it should be thrown in the dustbin.
Well, I may draw the ire of everyone here, but I say this is madness.  The Vatican is corrupted with Modernism to its very core.  The pope is a Modernist.  He believes in the relativity of dogma.  He believes that many of the false religions are praiseworthy(Islam, Judaism, Protestantism).  He is more concerned with saving the environment than he is with saving souls.  If you compromise with him, as Bp. Fellay wishes to, he will assimilate you.  The SSPX will(if it hasn't already) become another color on the Novus Ordo Church's inclusive banner.  Autumn will bring this sad vision one step closer to fruition.  These "talks" will come at the cost of good Catholic souls. 

This is what I have come to believe: the Church has, in terms of visible splendor, become a shadow of Her former Self, and She cannot be found in Rome anymore. 
Quote:This is what I have come to believe: the Church has, in terms of visible splendor, become a shadow of Her former Self, and She cannot be found in Rome anymore.
So she failed then?
Pages: 1 2 3