FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Study: Have Fewer Children to Help Environment, May Lead to More Abortions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Washington, DC -- A new study that claims overpopulation exists and that it hurts the environment has an answer for parents:  have fewer children. The study could lead to more abortions and promote euthanasia, since it says children who live longer in more developed countries pose a bigger environmental threat.

http://www.LifeNews.com/int1286.html
(08-04-2009, 03:50 PM)juliee Wrote: [ -> ]Washington, DC -- A new study that claims overpopulation exists and that it hurts the environment has an answer for parents:  have fewer children. The study could lead to more abortions and promote euthanasia, since it says children who live longer in more developed countries pose a bigger environmental threat.

http://www.LifeNews.com/int1286.html

Abortion, contraception, fewer children, more threat to the environment comes from the same ground: the worship of the self.
Kill your children to save the mice and trees!
This just makes me sad. People are so blind.

Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.  Pray
Or everyone could... I don't know... live simply and buy their children less junk. We're going to need those children to keep our population stable.

People who use "environmental" reasons to justify their selfishness make me sad.
First, abortion is seen as a "right."

Now, it's seen as a way to protect the environment.

How long until we take a page out of China's book and start mandating abortions?  If 2012 rolls around and it hasn't happened by then, I would be very surprised.
(08-04-2009, 05:50 PM)savienu Wrote: [ -> ]This just makes me sad. People are so blind.

Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.   Pray
Very charitable, but I disagree. These pagans know exactly what they are doing and choose not to believe. At least the Roman guards and gentiles had an excuse. Not these modern day Nefarians.
The good news is that we don't really have to worry about overpopulation, even if it is true. The historical cycle demonstrates that a civilization's collapse, plague and famine, and/or wars will do their part to kill off the extra people.
(08-04-2009, 07:22 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]The good news is that we don't really have to worry about overpopulation, even if it is true. The historical cycle demonstrates that a civilization's collapse, plague and famine, and/or wars will do their part to kill off the extra people.

Yeah, I can't wait!
(08-04-2009, 07:13 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2009, 05:50 PM)savienu Wrote: [ -> ]This just makes me sad. People are so blind.

Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.  Pray
Very charitable, but I disagree. These pagans know exactly what they are doing and choose not to believe. At least the Roman guards and gentiles had an excuse. Not these modern day Nefarians.

I don't think most people really DO know though. I believed the overpopulation myth for a very long time. Granted, I didn't think the answer was to kill children, but...