FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I am no longer naieve (did i spell that right?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
today i saw a car with a "pray the rosary" sticker on one side....good...good....then my eyes travel to the opposite bumper and to my horror :o  an Obama/Biden sticker

???I thought anyone who would put a "pray the rosary" sticker on their car would be way too conservative to vote that way.

I will never b e suprised again in my entire life
LOL
such is life.
sip sip
You weren't naïve, just hopeful  :)
I'd hate to derail the thread, but your story reminds me of a friend of mine. She's extremely intelligent, but quite withdrawn into her own little world, and somehow through the serious study of Aristotle and other ancient philosophers arrived upon the truth of Christianity and converted to Orthodoxy (the schismatics). Anyway, a group of us friends would get together and read the New Testament in Greek on a regular basis, mostly to practice our Greek but also for company and conversation. At some point of reading Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians, our discussion briefly shifted towards marriage, and the naive young woman said in response to something I don't remember, "Isn't adultery illegal?" I started laughing in surprise that a well-educated young woman from a major city could think such a thing, especially in this day and age, and I was heartened that someone in simple goodness could think the world so much less fallen than it is now. I explained how adultery statutes have been stricken out of law or otherwise go unprosecuted, and she only quietly said with a nod, "Well, it should be illegal," before we turned once more to the Scriptures.
Maybe two different people use the same car,

or the person is schizophrenic
being a bus driver I see tons of bumperstickers. usually there is a theme, but sometimes you run into this kinda thing.
the two crazies combos I've seen this past presidential election season:

"I'm NRA and I vote" and "Obama '08"
"Abortion Stops a Beating Heart" and "Obama '08"

The first is just stupid, but the second makes me really mad  :realmad: it should read "Obama Stops a Beating Heart"

(08-20-2009, 04:54 AM)RalphKramden Wrote: [ -> ]being a bus driver I see tons of bumperstickers. usually there is a theme, but sometimes you run into this kinda thing.
the two crazies combos I've seen this past presidential election season:

"I'm NRA and I vote" and "Obama '08"
"Abortion Stops a Beating Heart" and "Obama '08"

The first is just stupid, but the second makes me really mad  :realmad: it should read "Obama Stops a Beating Heart"
I must be a weirdo but if someone is thinking like that then that good, yeah? Obviously the person is pro-life but voted for Obama cos 'yes they can'. Many people are un-educated about the abortion issue...even many 'pro-lifers'.
Seeing I'm not american but would it be brash of me to suggest that a vote for Obama would make people feel good about themselves because the elected a colored person to a position of authority? The average person on the street might have both kinds of stickers on their cars to make it look like they are 'nice' ex: 'look at me! I'm for the babies and the colored too!'
(08-20-2009, 05:17 AM)Orville_B_Croft Wrote: [ -> ]'look at me! I'm for the babies and the colored too!'
That's what the problem is, I think. White people have been convinced that not supporting an evil man who happens to be black is the same thing as not supporting him BECAUSE he is black. :pazzo:
What a crock! I've got no beef with Obama cause he's black. There are tons of reasons to despise this man without dragging racism into the picture. I've never really understood racism anyway.
(08-20-2009, 01:43 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe two different people use the same car,

or the person is schizophrenic

That doesn't make sense.

Schizophrenia is a serious psychotic disorder which can severely alter the sufferers perception of reality (through their sense and thoughts).
(08-19-2009, 11:30 PM)mamalove Wrote: [ -> ]today i saw a car with a "pray the rosary" sticker on one side....good...good....then my eyes travel to the opposite bumper and to my horror :o  an Obama/Biden sticker

???I thought anyone who would put a "pray the rosary" sticker on their car would be way too conservative to vote that way.

I will never b e suprised again in my entire life

I see similar stickers at my TLM with prolife stuff, then "McCain/Palin" and "Support the Troops" (I guess by continuing to force them to kill, be wounded, psychologically damaged and possibly, dead). Liberalism and Americanism-same poisoned well.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4