FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: They're making this far too easy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stumbled across a link to this http://ncronline.org/news/people/new-leader-table

Call to Action has a new leader. They're just making it far too easy to dismiss them.

Quote:It’s easy to see why the board of Call to Action chose Jim FitzGerald as its new executive director. He is a young, bright Catholic with a decade of experience in not-for-profit management and an advanced degree in theology. And he has been involved in leadership of Call to Action for several years, so already knows and supports church reform.

But it’s also not so easy to understand why they chose a candidate with Planned Parenthood on his resumé, given how hard Call to Action has worked to remain neutral on the hot-button issue of abortion.

Even FitzGerald admits that the possibility of a negative reaction from conservative Catholics was on his mind when he was offered the position. “But to me that’s bumper-sticker thinking,” he said. “What’s missing in our church is the freedom to talk without fear about issues like abortion or gay marriage or stem cell research.

Anybody know where he got his "advanced degree in theology"? I'm betting ND, but any jesuit school is possible....

It certainly wasn't a Catholic school.
LOL far from it
That man is a heretic and needs to be called out on it.
Didn't Call to Action officially break with the Church? Thought I remembered some article from last year.
edited to add: They didn't mention the school's name in the article. I suspect that if it was as prestigious as ND or Harvard, they would have said so.
I'm guessing the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, CA. It's "ecumenical" forming seminarians from multiple traditions for their respective churches (including the Catholic and I believe Buddhist).

The Rev. President of Notre Dame of recent memory, attended there. What can i say?
Who can take such heretical organization seriously?
(08-21-2009, 02:57 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]Who can take such heretical organization seriously?
My archbishop, he sends his deacons and seminarians there. (Where's that pukey face when it's needed?)
(08-21-2009, 02:59 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2009, 02:57 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]Who can take such heretical organization seriously?
My archbishop, he sends his deacons and seminarians there. (Where's that pukey face when it's needed?)
:puke:
(08-21-2009, 02:59 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]

Is your Archbishop Cardinal Roger Mahoney? Because if he is then that makes a lot of sense. However I would council you not to despair he is but a year away from forced retirement and  the Holy Father I am sure is looking at Los Angeles with wanting eyes.