FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of Knock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/knock.htm

Is anybody's parish doing something special for the feast today? I'm going to see if I can find a gold-colored rose for the crown.
I wouldn't know about the parish, but I'm going to learn:

Quote:Sé do bheath' a Mhuire, atá lán de ghrásta, tá an Tiarna leat.
Is beannaithe thú idir mná agus is beannaithe toradh do bhruinne losa.
  A Naomh Mhuire, a mháthair Dé, guí orainn na peacaithe, anois is ar uair ar mbás. Amen.
Sorry, am on a rant this morning. I never figured out why we had to reorganize and demote my former parish's statues to include Our Lady of Guadalupe (with the required Juan Diego, of course) when we had a perfectly fine Marian Statue. I'm not screaming to Father that I feel disenfrachised because he won't buy me a 4 foot tall statue of Our Lady of Knock out of the parish purse.

(08-21-2009, 12:06 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, am on a rant this morning. I never figured out why we had to reorganize and demote my former parish's statues to include Our Lady of Guadalupe (with the required Juan Diego, of course) when we had a perfectly fine Marian Statue. I'm not screaming to Father that I feel disenfrachised because he won't buy me a 4 foot tall statue of Our Lady of Knock out of the parish purse.

Well, Our Lady of Guadalupe is special for all of America, so if it is an American parish, it may have been a good thing.
(08-21-2009, 12:12 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2009, 12:06 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, am on a rant this morning. I never figured out why we had to reorganize and demote my former parish's statues to include Our Lady of Guadalupe (with the required Juan Diego, of course) when we had a perfectly fine Marian Statue. I'm not screaming to Father that I feel disenfrachised because he won't buy me a 4 foot tall statue of Our Lady of Knock out of the parish purse.

Well, Our Lady of Guadalupe is special for all of America, so if it is an American parish, it may have been a good thing.

Sorry, I speak Spanish and they hymns sung during OLG's procession seem to forget that she's supposed to belong to the rest of us, too.
Our Lady of Knock, ora pro nobis. :pray:
(08-21-2009, 11:36 AM)Anastasia Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/knock.htm

Is anybody's parish doing something special for the feast today? I'm going to see if I can find a gold-colored rose for the crown.

The three, no four, parishes near me (I live semi-suburb semi-countryside) are all Irish, and all had their original buildings (that the Irish farmers worked so hard to build, one case all of the stones were brought by hand from their fields to the village for the church construction. I later worked in the same village church; the Archdiocese sold it to the local hospital as an outpatient center - new "building" which I refuse to call a church is disgusting) demolished/sold to make room and fund the 70s meeting halls they meet in these days. I do not think most of the parishioners even know what Our lady of Knock is.
'Tis a sad thing and a shame, Tobri! :pazzo: :(