FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A Man Just Gave Me A Pardon Crucifix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had never heard of it before. He just walked up to me and gave it to me and explained it. A very nice thing to do! It is now around my neck. Anyone else wear one?

Pax
(08-30-2009, 10:00 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]I had never heard of it before. He just walked up to me and gave it to me and explained it. A very nice thing to do! It is now around my neck. Anyone else wear one?
Pax

I've made rosaries with them (usually by request) so they are quite popular as far as an individual crucficix goes.

This page: http://fisheaters.com/crucifixes.html has information on it, maybe something you don't know yet.
I wear one everyday! I need all the help I can get ;D
I use pardon crucifixes on about half of all the rosaries I make. I use them so much because I love the style and design, plus I love the amount of indulgences the church has attached to them!
These crucifixes lend themselves to a huge variety of rosary designs and seem to be universally loved my most catholics.
My wife and I have worn them for a couple of years now.  You'll eventually want to get a good one. I don't know about the rest of you but my body sweat just tears the heck out of inexpensive metals. Need a good gold plated one or a good quality sterling silver.
(08-31-2009, 12:12 AM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]My wife and I have worn them for a couple of years now.  You'll eventually want to get a good one. I don't know about the rest of you but my body sweat just tears the heck out of inexpensive metals. Need a good gold plated one or a good quality sterling silver.

http://www.sistersofcarmel.com/metal-crucifixes.php
Yep, we wear one.
(08-31-2009, 04:05 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, we wear one.

This is interesting: "we wear one". You each wear one, or you share?

(08-30-2009, 10:57 PM)RalphKramden Wrote: [ -> ]I use pardon crucifixes on about half of all the rosaries I make. I use them so much because I love the style and design, plus I love the amount of indulgences the church has attached to them!
These crucifixes lend themselves to a huge variety of rosary designs and seem to be universally loved my most catholics.
I actually don't like their style. If they weren't significant for the indulgences and history, I doubt I'd use them at all.
This is similar to what happened to me two Sundays ago. I was praying the Rosary right before Mass, and all of a sudden, a lady comes over to me and hands me a silver-colored  crucifix--two nails made of the cross beam, one larger nail made up the vertical beam, and there was a crown of thorns surrounding the head of Jesus. I've never seen a crucifix like this one before, and to just have one given to me when I least expected was very much a blessing.
(08-31-2009, 12:56 PM)Munda_cor_meum Wrote: [ -> ]This is similar to what happened to me two Sundays ago. I was praying the Rosary right before Mass, and all of a sudden, a lady comes over to me and hands me a silver-colored  crucifix--two nails made of the cross beam, one larger nail made up the vertical beam, and there was a crown of thorns surrounding the head of Jesus. I've never seen a crucifix like this one before, and to just have one given to me when I least expected was very much a blessing.
Like this?
[Image: smallxz1.th.jpg]

I have them in gold also.
(08-31-2009, 09:21 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2009, 10:57 PM)RalphKramden Wrote: [ -> ]I use pardon crucifixes on about half of all the rosaries I make. I use them so much because I love the style and design, plus I love the amount of indulgences the church has attached to them!
I actually don't like their style. If they weren't significant for the indulgences and history, I doubt I'd use them at all.
ok I guess I should have said "universally loved by most catholics, but Rosarium"  ;) :bronxcheer:
I like the style and I know I'm not the only one  :laughing:
Pages: 1 2