FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: My daughter just recieved Communion and hasn't even made her first confession
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i know a couple kids in our school who got first communion at 6, they totally knew and understood what it was all about. I just say talk to a priest, cause there maybe something that has to be done, or i dont know, usually these things are taken pretty seriously. Maybe he'll talk to her, and she could be rdy for it all
The novus ordo communion cookie is not valid anyway.  Find an independent traditional Catholic Church, and therein you will find the correct path.  Do not be dissuaded.  My prayers are with you.  gg
(09-01-2009, 02:49 AM)Gizmo Wrote: [ -> ]The novus ordo communion cookie is not valid anyway.  Find an independent traditional Catholic Church, and therein you will find the correct path.  Do not be dissuaded.  My prayers are with you.  gg

I recommended the "one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church".

(09-01-2009, 02:58 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2009, 02:49 AM)Gizmo Wrote: [ -> ]The novus ordo communion cookie is not valid anyway.  Find an independent traditional Catholic Church, and therein you will find the correct path.  Do not be dissuaded.  My prayers are with you.  gg

I recommended the "one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church".
I totally agree! In fact I'm surprised the heretic didn't call it the 'death cookie' like his equally anti-Catholic cohort, Jack Chick.
Seemslike quite a few weirdos on here these days...
(09-01-2009, 10:05 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Seemslike quite a few weirdos on here these days...
Welcome to the Internet, CandadianCatholic... :)
(08-31-2009, 01:28 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: [ -> ]Talk to the priest.  It may be that he will decide it is time for her to receive Holy Communion regularly.  St. Pius X once famously gave First Communion to a six-year old boy.  The parents mentioned that the boy had to wait a bit longer to receive Holy Communion.  The Pope asked the child, "Whom do we receive in Holy Communion?"    "Jesus," the child replied.  The Pope told his parents to bring him back the next morning for his First Communion. 

I'm not sure I understand it all that much better than that six year old. 
(09-01-2009, 10:57 AM)epalinurus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2009, 01:28 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: [ -> ]Talk to the priest.  It may be that he will decide it is time for her to receive Holy Communion regularly.  St. Pius X once famously gave First Communion to a six-year old boy.  The parents mentioned that the boy had to wait a bit longer to receive Holy Communion.  The Pope asked the child, "Whom do we receive in Holy Communion?"    "Jesus," the child replied.  The Pope told his parents to bring him back the next morning for his First Communion. 

I'm not sure I understand it all that much better than that six year old. 
Would that all of us could answer so simply and innocently...
Seriously, I was just thinking about this this morning.

7 is the age of reason, but if a child expresses knowledge and understanding and wants to receive Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament, can they not receive it? I might not know if it was right or wrong in origin, but didn't they used to give HC to babies? Why is 7 the age of reason?
(08-31-2009, 06:25 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]Age of reason usually not attained by a 6yo. There are exceptions (although this is overwhelmingly the norm) My daughter Brigid, was still shy of her 7th birthday when she first received Via an SSPX priest (although she went through formal instruction and had her first confession the day before).

My oldest was 6 1/2 when he made his first Holy Communion, and my second was only 5 1/2.  He was able to go through the catechism class, understand it, and pass the test, so he was allowed to receive.

The OP should see if his daughter can join the First Communion preparation classes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4