FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bob and Penny Lord.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else love there programs? They have had several series on EWTN. They travel around Europe doing programs on the most amazing saints, also they've done a series on the Eucharist, other subjects, too I guess.

Their website: http://www.bobandpennylord.com/

Off topic: how do you embed links at the "new" FE website? I still haven't figured it out.
I like how Penny is always cutting Bob off on camera. Typical old people couple. They're rather cute.
(09-05-2009, 06:47 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]I like how Penny is always cutting Bob off on camera. Typical old people couple. They're rather cute.

Very cute. Yes. And I love it when Penny gets all emotional and choked up. Her voice starts quivering. I like it when their clothes are color coordinated.

I'm thinking maybe they'd adopt me as a daughter and my family and I could go traveling around Europe with them to some of these amazing shrines they like to visit.
[Image: pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQU7Qdk6j6iF8NOIe1W1BY...VqzYX285WS]

I used to watch and they are pretty neat. Penny is a typical Italo-American woman, small but will not take a back seat. Bob is earnect but just goes along with her. My only bone is this; I'm like Mother Angelica in that we need less of saints whose feet never touched the earth, and more of their struggle so we can see how they really did it, and apply it to our lives.
tim
(09-05-2009, 07:24 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]I used to watch and they are pretty neat. Penny is a typical Italo-American woman, small but will not take a back seat. Bob is earnect but just goes along with her. My only bone is this; I'm like Mother Angelica in that we need less of saints whose feet never touched the earth, and more of their struggle so we can see how they really did it, and apply it to our lives.
tim

See, I just loves those floaty saints. Seriously,
I guess I'm asking for equal time. I like Peter cause he cut off a guy's ear, but becomes Pope. I like Peter because he denied Christ but sought forgiveness unlike Judas. I like Peter because Christ asked him three times did he love him and I can see Peter was perturbed. I like St, Francis because when he landed in the Holy Land he explained to the Crusaders to wait for help, and how to lay a proper siege to the Mohammedans. I like him because he challenged the Sultan's Imams to walk through fire. I like Athanasius cause he brought a club and used it on the heretics. We are all sinners and these things show me men can overcome with grace. I think this life is a battle and we do a dis-service to all when we tell stories based on some fantasized perfection only attainable after death. Saints did struggle, and I love the miracles because they help increase my weak faith.
tim
ps I mis-spelled earnest in the previous comment
(09-05-2009, 10:07 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'm asking for equal time. I like Peter cause he cut off a guy's ear, but becomes Pope. I like Peter because he denied Christ but sought forgiveness unlike Judas. I like Peter because Christ asked him three times did he love him and I can see Peter was perturbed. I like St, Francis because when he landed in the Holy Land he explained to the Crusaders to wait for help, and how to lay a proper siege to the Mohammedans. I like him because he challenged the Sultan's Imams to walk through fire. I like Athanasius cause he brought a club and used it on the heretics. We are all sinners and these things show me men can overcome with grace. I think this life is a battle and we do a dis-service to all when we tell stories based on some fantasized perfection only attainable after death. Saints did struggle, and I love the miracles because they help increase my weak faith.
tim
ps I mis-spelled earnest in the previous comment

I love it when St. Theresa of Avila says, "If this is how You treat your friends, it's not surprising You have so few." That sounds very down-to-earth, and it also indicates that she must have been very comfortable with her Creator to speak to Him that way...