FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ugh..."Church in the Round" - ca. 1953!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Very pretty. Thank you for the picture. If you read my subsequent threads I acknowledge mantillas are the norm for Spanish and Hispanic women. I don't think your wife is a neo-trad.. 
(09-07-2009, 05:27 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Very pretty. Thank you for the picture. If you read my subsequent threads I acknowledge mantillas are the norm for Spanish and Hispanic women. I don't think your wife is a neo-trad.. 
What about Americans?
(09-07-2009, 05:28 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2009, 05:27 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Very pretty. Thank you for the picture. If you read my subsequent threads I acknowledge mantillas are the norm for Spanish and Hispanic women. I don't think your wife is a neo-trad.. 
What about Americans?

I bet you wear a fedora, don't you?  ::)
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:I bet you wear a fedora, don't you?   ::)

I do!
Mantillas and Fedoras..

Kids.  ::)
(09-07-2009, 05:31 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2009, 05:28 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
What about Americans?

I bet you wear a fedora, don't you?   ::)

I meant, what would be the traditional head covering for American girls? This is the problem, America doesn't have a long history and the traditions are either imported or created. Right now, I see most girls in traditional parishes wearing shorter mantillas. That may not be traditional for any one else, but I don't see how it makes them a "neo-trad" except that they are part of a developing culture.

Human traditions have to start somewhere.

And no, I don't. When I wear my hat, it is a black "cowboy hat" ;)
Oh, no offense taken.  And I wish we were neo-Trads.  Alas, we're not young enough to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8