FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sept. 8: Birthday of Our Blessed Mother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Happy Birthday Blessed Mother!

[Image: __hr_queenofheavenenthroned.jpg]

September 8: The Birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary (16 B.C.). Mary was born fifteen years, three months and seventeen days before the birth of Jesus. She was born in a house in which, fourteen years, six months and seventeen days later, the great Angel Gabriel, sent by God, would come and kneel before her and with bowed head say: "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee" 

Mary was three years, two months and thirteen days old when she was presented by her parents to God in the Temple. She was just fourteen years old when she was espoused to Joseph. She was fourteen years, four months and fifteen days old when her espousals to Saint Joseph were solemnized. She was in her forty-eighth year when Our Lord died and rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven, in the year 33. And Mary was seventy-two years old when she herself died, and was three days later assumed into Heaven, in the year 58.

http://www.smcenter.org/events_saints_Sep02.htm
Interestingly the homily in the Breviary points out

It is to be remarked that in the genealogy of the Saviour none of the holy women are named, but those women only are named against whom the Scripture hath to say something amiss. He Who came to save sinners was born of sinners, that He might wash away all sin. Afterwards are named Ruth, who was a Moabitess, and Bathsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah.

In contrast Mary herself was pure and spotless.

Beautiful picture! The kids and I are going to get started on her birthday cake this morning.......
I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that we have a president today who is the biggest supporter of "reproductive-rights" giving the abortionists free and total access to mothers wombs to engage in there "medical-procedere" who will be speaking to millions of  these American children whom he is so"concerned" about. Satan is very seductive while he blasphemes the name of the Lord and mocks his mothers birthday.

How much of this will God put up with?
(09-08-2009, 08:51 AM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that we have a president today who is the biggest supporter of "reproductive-rights" giving the abortionists free and total access to mothers wombs to engage in there "medical-procedere" who will be speaking to millions of  these American children whom he is so"concerned" about.

I had been thinking that very same thing.........
That sweet picture put tears in my eyes..

Happy Birthday, Mother!
(09-08-2009, 08:51 AM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that we have a president today who is the biggest supporter of "reproductive-rights" giving the abortionists free and total access to mothers wombs to engage in there "medical-procedere" who will be speaking to millions of  these American children whom he is so"concerned" about. Satan is very seductive while he blasphemes the name of the Lord and mocks his mothers birthday.

How much of this will God put up with?

You must meditate of the fact that in the US there are about 4 million embryos and fetuses in their mothers womb and over 50 million school age children.

Also that Obama does not expressed his will to abort any child. he majority of the abortion occurs due to the irresponsible = extramarital sex and the no fault divorces both supported and practiced by the republican presidential and vice presidential candidates in the last election. Obama at least lives an acceptable family life, and thus he is a possible example.

Remember the hierarchy of the values: God - Church - whole world - natiuons - families - individual mortal life.

Only Jews and atheist believe that the mosral life is the highest immanent value. We Catholics believe that the families, nations and the whole world is more important than the individual human life.
We celebrate Our Lady of Victories today, cerebrating Malta's victory over the Turks (in 1565). It's a national feast day (public holiday!) and there's a big regatta which some of the cities participate in. It's called the "Festa Ta' Marija Bambina tal-Vitorja" (Feast of Mary the Child of Victory) and it's one of Malta's oldest national days. I hope you all enjoy the day very much!

[Image: sacred-icon-ta-pinu.jpg]
(above image from the miraculous Ta' Pinu shrine)
Happy birthday, Mama Mary!
(09-08-2009, 09:26 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]That sweet picture put tears in my eyes..

Happy Birthday, Mother!
That is a beautiful picture of our Lady...........

Notice her stepping on the serpent. We need her now more than ever.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us!
Pages: 1 2