FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Found a Watchtower in the front door today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(12-16-2009, 01:50 AM)Marc Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful.

[Image: hogarcatolico.jpg]

Image lifted from here:
http://arturovasquez.wordpress.com/2009/...he-barrio/
Awesome! ;D
my aunt and her husband in perth, australia are JWs and they showed me a magazine article at dinner about how Our Lady was not a virgin and had many children, according to "distinguished bible scholars".

I had to suppress an urge to throw a huge fit.
If you want to engage with them then take their magazine and in return give them a miraculous medal. If you just want them to leave you alone make a nice little marian shrine in your front yard.
I was raised one of them.  :-[    Sorry to anyone and everyone.

Well at about 16 I took a deep-studying of the bible,then I was protestant for maybe a year but now I'm Catholic.....so is it all good?

Yeah,I know everything about the inner workings.Mom used to go to far off Seminars,go door-to-door,give watchtowers.It all seemed right,for the uneducated,but I soon found myself disillusioned by their plain out stupid doctrine.Well I spoke to her,much to her dismay about the trinity,Heaven,Hell,souls and what-not,showed her scriptures and now she acknowledges the trinity,Calls Jesus God and even prays to the son now :) Sees the Holy spirit as a person,though really lax on everything else.The Witnesses really screwed her up with their "It's going to all go down,Bombs,acid,Lava,We will all die in Armmorgedon" ,well she freaked.Now she is to scared.But I'm pestering her (The only thing that works) and soon she will come all the way home and acknowledge the Church and all her Beautiful truths.Pray for her.

PS My grandmother is JW and she is Horrified!
I HAD THEM COME TO MY DOOR ALL THE TIME, I TOLD THEM , YES I WOULD TALK TO THEM, AFTER WE SAID THE ROSARY. NEVER AGAIN HAVE THEY DARKEN MY DOOR...... GOD BLESS HOLY MOTHER THE CHURCH.
Watch Towner = Free fire starter or litter box filler, birds like it too.
answer the door dressed like this, right hand a catechism, left a sword for drama effect, commence propagating stopping time to time in mid sentence make a short random prayer to any obscure 1st millennium Welsh or Cornish saint, don't forget to every once in a while complain about Baltic pagans, and keep the exact same smile as pictured for entire conversation. Their conversion shall be guaranteed.

[Image: gb0203.jpg]
(12-17-2009, 09:42 PM)Tobri Wrote: [ -> ]answer the door dressed like this, right hand a catechism, left a sword for drama effect, commence propagating stopping time to time in mid sentence make a short random prayer to any obscure 1st millennium Welsh or Cornish saint, don't forget to every once in a while complain about Baltic pagans, and keep the exact same smile as pictured for entire conversation. Their conversion shall be guaranteed.

[Image: gb0203.jpg]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I laughed so hard I almost spit hot chocolate on the screen!
I invited JW's into my house a few times in the past.
First visit: two laywomen
Second visit: two laymen
Third visit: one layman and one minister
and during this last encounter I asked them some questions, when the layman said to the minister "yes, what does that mean...?" The minister promptly ended the session and they never came back.
They used to come over, but actually stopped. I think 1 of the problems was that my Mom always seemed to accept their books. She would try not to answer the door if it was them, but if they caught her she wouldn't say much & always accepted their books. It got to the point where I had to tell her not to do that, because they would always come. Any time they talked to me I'd try to reject the books, but some times they would just leave them there & take off or insist someone else in the house wanted them like they all of a sudden would when all they do is toss them in the garbage. Some times I would just leave the books on the door step & just stomp on them like a mat to help them get the message, but I also have told them we have our own religion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8