FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: More from McBrien
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Richard McBrien must have felt it had been to long since he was in the spotlight, so he reminded us of why the Church in the era after Vatican II has become so scourged. In case you thought that as a Catholic, you were doing something right by praying to Jesus, "Fr." sets things straight for you here: http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/09/nds-mcbri...-backward/  When reading statements like this, we shouldn't even pretend to be shocked when universities like Notre Dame invite the likes of Barry Hussein to speak on their campus's. Yay Vatican II! I'm so glad that we have academic freedom and religious liberty now.
I am reminded of an old adage "A Priest searches all of his life for God, but the humble sinner knows where He is at every moment of his life". Because the humble sinner fears God!  God save us from these intellectuals in love with novelty, and their disdain for those that know viscerally the truth.
tim
Can someone post the comments by Fr. Z?  Some of us can't get onto his website because he doesn't like people rebuking him for his dishonest behavior towards Bishop Williamson. 
LOL!
HA!!!
Whild
Sip sip
I'd do it but I can't on me bb
(09-09-2009, 01:11 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone post the comments by Fr. Z?   Some of us can't get onto his website because he doesn't like people rebuking him for his dishonest behavior towards Bishop Williamson. 

Here you go.

Quote:... The practice of eucharistic adoration began in the 12th century, when the Real Presence of Christ was widely rejected by heretics or misunderstood by poorly educated Catholics. The church saw eucharistic adoration as a way of reaffirming its faith in the Real Presence and of promoting renewed devotion to it.

However, as time went on, eucharistic devotions, including adoration, drifted further and further away from their liturgical grounding in the Mass itself.

Notwithstanding Pope Benedict XVI’s personal endorsement of eucharistic adoration [In other words, who cares what the Pope thinks.] and the sporadic restoration of the practice in the archdiocese of Boston and elsewhere, it is difficult to speak favorably about the devotion today.

Now that most Catholics are literate and even well-educated, [In other words, Adoration is probably something only stupid people are interested in.] the Mass is in the language of the people (i.e, the vernacular), and its rituals are relatively easy to understand and follow, [Really? Ask people after Mass what the epiclesis is for? or what the Gospel reading was?] there is little or no need for extraneous eucharistic devotions. The Mass itself provides all that a Catholic needs sacramentally and spiritually.  [No need for confession, either, I suppose.]

Eucharistic adoration, perpetual or not, is a doctrinal, theological, and spiritual step backward, not forward.
Oh, for a return to the day when he would have been exiled to a small dank cell in a remote monastery! Smile
If only.

(09-09-2009, 02:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, for a return to the day when he would have been exiled to a small dank cell in a remote monastery! Smile

That would be the charitable thing.  He would actually have a chance to reflect on his salvation.  But instead the merciless "mercy" that Pope John XXIII set as the new policy prevents McBrien from being stopped from going off the edge of the cliff.

And going off with those he influences.he needs to be stopped, shut up, and or ..............
Sip sip
(09-09-2009, 02:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, for a return to the day when he would have been exiled to a small dank cell in a remote monastery! Smile

Let's see, Papal Legate to certain regions of India or Pakistan or Nuncio to Antartica? The former would win him a martyrs' crown the latter simple obscurity. I vote obscurity.
Pages: 1 2