FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Direction for our times" is it a fraud?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just heard of this "Directions for our Times" thing. Its about some woman named "anne" who receives messages from Jesus and Mary. Some say its authentic, some say its nonsense. I never heard of it. Anyone know what Im talking about?
Reading the wikipedia article could be enlightening: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direction_For_Our_Times

I would ignore it. I only see the volumes for sale, so I wouldn't recommend it.

There is plenty revealed without such doubts already.
(09-13-2009, 09:15 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the wikipedia article could be enlightening: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direction_For_Our_Times

I read that article earlier. But there seems to be some discrepencies with the Bishop's "approval". Also on the unity publishing website saying out right shes a fraud. But then other articles say she has all her writings submitted to the Vatican with approval across the board. I dont get it
It is not our job to judge its validity.

Since it is in limbo and has great doubt, we should not use it at this time. While I certainly have an opinion on it, I do think there are past private revelations solid which are more than enough for study.
(09-13-2009, 09:25 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]It is not our job to judge its validity.

Since it is in limbo and has great doubt, we should not use it at this time. While I certainly have an opinion on it, I do think there are past private revelations solid which are more than enough for study.

I never stop studying. There is ALWAYS something new to learn! Thats what Dominicans do best!
Friends of mine are really "into" this Anne thing. I've even read some of it but pitched it as it made me a little uneasy. Not saying its "junk" just saying its not my bag.
Is it a fraud?

[size=10pt][size=10pt]YES![/size][/size]

Stay away!  I have almost lost friends who are into this 'anne' thing.  Yes, I know there are some religious who support her.  I had someone send me a box of her books. I sent them back  except for one well underlined one that I use to refute those who think she is the one chosen by God as THE instrument of His return.
(09-14-2009, 09:50 PM)Magdalene Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a fraud?

[size=10pt][size=10pt]YES![/size][/size]

Stay away!  I have almost lost friends who are into this 'anne' thing.  Yes, I know there are some religious who support her.  I had someone send me a box of her books. I sent them back  except for one well underlined one that I use to refute those who think she is the one chosen by God as THE instrument of His return.

Heres the deal. My father recently passed away and someone was saying that "anne" has visions of purgatory and heaven that I might find consoling in my time of mourning. So it sounded appealing at first, but something just isnt sitting right with me. Im very leary of any apparitions or miracles until they are approved by the church. But supposedly a bishop gave his approval? I dont know.
I would practice discretion when it comes to anything not officially approved by the Church.  As much as we want them to be true, we are not those given authority to judge these matters.  It is our duty to listen and practice obedience.  With humility, let us instead turn to those that have been approved and seek in them the lights that our soul requires.

Dominus tecum
(09-13-2009, 09:15 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the wikipedia article could be enlightening: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direction_For_Our_Times

I've read many of the books, and volumes and try to do so with discernment and determination of Catholic teaching and faith. I've not found anything to be in contradiction to our faith and yet I agree it's wise to wait for the Church's opinion on these matters. The local Bishop has completed that step in inviting the Vatican to review authenticity.

FYI: Also all or most of the publication are free or can be down loaded in a PDF. Find this link: Please click here to download the Volumes at no charge.
Pages: 1 2