FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: When did Vatican II become dogma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Just because something is possible to an extreme doesn't make it the norm.
Your tlking about babtism of desire.
The point is mohamadanism is a false religion. It denies the trinity, it denies Christ. Now no way can that be considered worship the same God.
Sip.
(09-21-2009, 11:04 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Just because something is possible to an extreme doesn't make it the norm.
Your tlking about babtism of desire.
The point is mohamadanism is a false religion. It denies the trinity, it denies Christ. Now no way can that be considered worship the same God.
Sip.
What do they worship, then?
They worship an ancient arab moon diety. It was grafted onto elements of judiasm with some christian influence. This was at the instigation of satan who appeared to mohamet.
Satan told him it was a new revalation. Ect ect ect puke.
Satan attacked and denied Christ and the trinity.
It is an abominable false religion.
It has been at war with catholicosm since the beggining and even the church has said so.
Sip
I think a couple things should be noted. The idea that Muslims acknowledge the one God is not new to Catholic theology with Vatican II or John Paul II or even the centuries preceding them. Second, this does not mean the Koran is inspired, Islam is a true or salvific religion, Muhammed was a true prophet, one can be faithful to the Father while not being faithful to the Son, etc., etc.
yeah, but what about "omnes dii gentium daemonia; Dominus autem caelos fecit"
surely interpreted in a Catholic context, gods of the gentiles would include that of the mohamentans.
How can those who deny the trinity worship the trinity?
exactly. its a simple as if i have a friend who is irish and you have a friend who is belgian, could they be the same friend? or if i have a green shirt and you have a blue shirt are they the same shirt? or if i have a dog and you have a cat are they the same pet?
so if i believe in a God Who is One God in Three Divine Persons, and they believe in a god who is one, how could they possibly be the same God?
(09-22-2009, 07:11 PM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, but what about "omnes dii gentium daemonia; Dominus autem caelos fecit"
surely interpreted in a Catholic context, gods of the gentiles would include that of the mohamentans.

I think actually you mean a contemporary context. Sure, maybe it it had been written 10 years ago the scope of its commentary would extend to Muslims. But Islam wasn't invented when Psalm 95 was written. The psalmist is referring to the countries around him, which worshiped pagan idols. Muslims do not worship pagan idols.  

devotedknuckles Wrote:How can those who deny the trinity worship the trinity?

Imperfectly, as most of us probably do.

(09-22-2009, 07:24 PM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]exactly. its a simple as if i have a friend who is irish and you have a friend who is belgian, could they be the same friend? or if i have a green shirt and you have a blue shirt are they the same shirt? or if i have a dog and you have a cat are they the same pet?

I think the analogy should go, "If I have a friend who is Irish, but you believe him to be Belgian, is it possible to call him on the phone?" In which case the answer would be yes. Though maybe you wouldn't understand what he is saying.
the psalms although written in a certain context, are also able to be interpreted in a timeless context, tghus stretching this to refer to the mohamentans also.
no i did not mean contemporary context, as i am sure many contemporary interpretations of said psalm would not be inclusive of mohametans, however a Catholic context is.
NO!! Mphamadans do not worship the trinity priod. They don't even claim to and the thought of worshiping the Holy Trinity is repulsive to them. This makes sense sonce the religion spewed from satan.
We do not worship the same God.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13