FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: When did Vatican II become dogma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
If denying certain aspects of God means that you aren't worshiping God at all, that raises an interesting question: how about Christians who don't believe in the full divinity of Christ, or some other Church teaching about the nature of God?  Are they also worshiping demons when they pray the Our Father?
Listin to yourself!!
U just compared the Our Father to prayers of false religions.
U r not a christian if u deny the divinity of Christ. But if your asking what to make of catholics who r catholics who believe and try and struggle to follow Christ but failof their prayers? Well Christ is mercifull. But they r catholics.
Those of false religions such as mohamadanism pray not to God but to eaither the devil or demons. This is against the laws of God.
NO, they do not worship the same God. Some here sound very relativist!!!
Yes denying certaim aspects of God means u r not worshippong him.
Yes!!!
I feel I should clarify that I am not saying that their worship is salvific or pleasing to God (except insofar as He may be pleased when people genuinely try given their limited knowledge of the truth to do His will). Does that help matters at all? Otherwise I think we will just have to agree to disagree.
No! This is about the trinityb about God about Christ.we cannpt disagree here. Those who do do not worship God! This is fundemental!
V2? a dogma?  :o
(09-23-2009, 09:37 AM)Mhoram Wrote: [ -> ]If denying certain aspects of God means that you aren't worshiping God at all, that raises an interesting question: how about Christians who don't believe in the full divinity of Christ, or some other Church teaching about the nature of God?  Are they also worshiping demons when they pray the Our Father?

I believe the simple answer is to require everyone to pass a written exam on the Athanasian Creed before they can pray. It's possible that most childrens' prayers are blasphemous to some extent, because they can't understand the Trinity. They than go to Satan instead, just as prayers by Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Protestants, etc. do.

Though the logical conclusion to all this is that Satan has exponentially more worshippers and followers than God, which I think raises some questions about how powerful God really is.
(09-23-2009, 07:36 AM)elizabee Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2009, 07:27 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]What did Christ have to say aboput those who deny the trinity?
U r being very post modern and flirtting with serious Sin to justify or belive those who worship a false God in a fale religion actually worship the True God.
God is a trinity. This cannot be denied. Mohamadans deny the trinity again how is this worshipping the true God? It is denyong God.

Trust me, if I am wrong, I would love to know about it. Once I am shown that the Church has spoken, the case will be closed for me.

How about the Crusades? It wasn't preached to go and kill fellow worshipers of the same God, but to defend the followers of our God against the followers of evil.
(09-20-2009, 10:00 PM)Munda_cor_meum Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/quickqu...word/Islam

The way these answers are worded, you'd think Vatican II was dogma.
When it lifted it's leg against Tradition? Or does that mean it's a son of a dogma?
(09-22-2009, 09:05 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have discussed this with a Muslim coworker of mine with whom I debate every once and a while. According to him, Islam condemns the idea of the Trinity. Consider what the Quran itself has to say which completely contradicts that which is from the Triune God:

These "doctrines" are completely contrary to the teachings of the Trinity. They are certainly from a different entity.

I am baffled that this is being disputed on a traditional Catholic forum.

I have a Muslim friend of Nigerian ancestry whose grandfathe made the hadj and stayed in Saudi. One day he asked me what Christians believe. I could think of nothing better than to recite the Nicene Creed. When I got to 'And in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, the only-begotten, born of the Father before all ages. Light of light, true God of true God, begotten, not made, of one substance with the Father, through whom all things were made',  if he could have turned white with horror he would have. Had we been in Saudi, friend or not, I'm sure he would have denounced me to the religious police!

He managed, in his horror at my 'blasphemy', to stammer, 'Only Catholics believe that, right?' I pointed out that while some liberal prots no longer believe it, this was the doctrine of all Christians for around 1800 years. He was horrified. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he doesn't think that he worships the same God I do and I've never met any Muslim who understands his faith who would accept the liberal bullsh*t being argued for on this forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13