FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Just scored a 1st class relic of the Archbishop LeFebvre!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Over the moon about it too, I'm certain that the Archbishop is a saint! A friend of mine wound up with some pieces of his hair collected from haircuts he had at Econe, and has given me two small strands of hair, attached to a picture of the Archbishop.
First thing I did was touch my rosary to it lol! I think he is going to arrange to make some 3rd class relics from his 1st class ones, so if anybody might like one, I will pester him about it and post details on here when he gets some made ready for distribution. Or I suppose I could do some up, seeing as I also have a 1st class.
Wow I haven't been this excited in quite some time.
Wow!!!
Good catch.
And yes a saint he is indeed!!
Why are we excited about Archbiship LeFebvre relics and critical when non-"trad" Catholics ask Mother Teresa for intercession?
(09-21-2009, 08:26 AM)elizabee Wrote: [ -> ]Why are we excited about Archbiship LeFebvre relics and critical when non-"trad" Catholics ask Mother Teresa for intercession?

lol i don't think i've ever commented on them doing that. does that mean i can stay excited?
Me too. I never commented on that.
Anyhoo.
Exciting find arun.
U keep it safe lad!!
Sip
No, that's true, I didn't mean you two in particular, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. I was speaking more generally of how some trads get upset when the faithful hope or pray to persons who have not yet been made saints and then turn around and do the same with their selection of persons, but I shouldn't have implied that you particularly do so. I apologize.
(09-21-2009, 07:58 AM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]Over the moon about it too, I'm certain that the Archbishop is a saint! A friend of mine wound up with some pieces of his hair collected from haircuts he had at Econe, and has given me two small strands of hair, attached to a picture of the Archbishop.
First thing I did was touch my rosary to it lol! I think he is going to arrange to make some 3rd class relics from his 1st class ones, so if anybody might like one, I will pester him about it and post details on here when he gets some made ready for distribution. Or I suppose I could do some up, seeing as I also have a 1st class.
Wow I haven't been this excited in quite some time.

How can we be sure these relics are authentic ?
luckily in this case i know the entire history of the 1st class relics, being that the person who collected them from Econe, became a parish priest in our parish for awhile, and then when he left he gave the relics to a very good friend of mine.
luckily, there being no mysterious or shady "relic delaers" involved, i am certain of the authenticity.
They aren't relics until he's declared a saint, isn't that right?

Otherwise tons of people have relics of Pope John Paul II.
As far as i am aware, the cut up pieces of cassock etc being distributed of JPII are being promoted as relics by their distributors. also i have a very old 3rd class relic of St Pio of Pietrclina which has a sticker saying it is a relic, attached to prayer card with a prayer for his cause, from before he was canonised.
Pages: 1 2 3