FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Anyone Else watch Table for 12?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I might've watched it, but I heard the dad'sa cop. I don't waste time on cops being enriched for having kids and then going out and arresting people and tearing families apart.
It is possible to have naturally occuring sextuplets.  It's extremely rare, of course, but if she had multiples naturally before it would increase her chances.  There was a set of sextuplets born in Belfast in May without use of drugs or IVF.
(09-24-2009, 07:59 AM)savienu Wrote: [ -> ]Right, that's what I meant, "Implanted" in her womb, but not necessarily that implantation of the embryos would take. Usually they inject a bunch of the eggs, don't they?

I am pretty sure they usually don't put more than three embryos in at a time. (Except for that crazy woman who insisted they put all of them in)
Perhaps they ended up with multiples due to the use fertility drugs? Just a guess.
Why is clomid a bad thing? I have a friend who wouldnt have her first 2 kids without its help.
Gee, I don't know the particulars on how they conceived so many... Its not really my place to examine/be critical of  how they were blessed with as many as they have... I did not have any fertility issues, praise God, so I am completely ignorant as to the Church's teachings on whats allowed and whats not - and I'm not even 100% sure that their other children are all multiples too...
I just caught the show in passing and thought it was FABULOUS that there was actually a family on TV  that spoke openly about being Catholic... they probably do go to a NO parish and probably receive the Host in their hand, but it was refreshing to see a family that wasn't as "Stepford-ish" as the Duggars who have faith in the Lord as a central part of their family life and how they deal with the day to day stuff like my family does.
(09-24-2009, 10:39 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Why is clomid a bad thing? I have a friend who wouldnt have her first 2 kids without its help.

Because it is very often used irresponsibly.  Every cycle, doctors are supposed to check for hyper-ovulation, and many do not.  Then there are the times when couples go ahead and try to conceive after being told there are a bunch of eggs in there.  It's completely reckless and disrespectful of human life.
(09-24-2009, 08:43 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]I might've watched it, but I heard the dad'sa cop. I don't waste time on cops being enriched for having kids and then going out and arresting people and tearing families apart.

Maybe it's because my grandfather was a cop and my godmother is a dispatcher, but I take offence at this.  The police don't make the laws, and they don't make criminals break them.  When someone robs a bank, lets say, it isn't the cops fault that they robbed it, nor is it the cops fault that they were arrested.  Yes, there are unethical officers out there, but most just want to make the world a safer place.  My grandfather was very proud of the fact that he never had to discharge his weapon except on the shooting range.  He became a highway patrol officer to help people, and when he retired he ended up starting a driving school to help young people learn to drive safely.  If someone called and couldn't afford the tuition, he would give them a break or even teach them pro-bono.  He was just that kind of person.

So please, don't bash the police.  They're people, just like you and me, trying to do their jobs.
(09-25-2009, 12:53 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2009, 08:43 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]I might've watched it, but I heard the dad'sa cop. I don't waste time on cops being enriched for having kids and then going out and arresting people and tearing families apart.

Maybe it's because my grandfather was a cop and my godmother is a dispatcher, but I take offence at this.  The police don't make the laws, and they don't make criminals break them.  When someone robs a bank, lets say, it isn't the cops fault that they robbed it, nor is it the cops fault that they were arrested.  Yes, there are unethical officers out there, but most just want to make the world a safer place.  My grandfather was very proud of the fact that he never had to discharge his weapon except on the shooting range.  He became a highway patrol officer to help people, and when he retired he ended up starting a driving school to help young people learn to drive safely.  If someone called and couldn't afford the tuition, he would give them a break or even teach them pro-bono.  He was just that kind of person.

So please, don't bash the police.  They're people, just like you and me, trying to do their jobs.

What she said.

Most of the time, people reap what they sow.

Pages: 1 2 3