FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holy mess: 11 million Irish Americans leave Catholic Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/col/NOd...42662.html

"A new survey shows 34 million Americans, or 15 percent of the population, say they have no religion.

Even more significant is that one-third of those, about 11 million people, are Irish Americans.

The survey by professors at Trinity College in Hartford, CT, does not explain why Irish Catholics are by far the highest number of people who are losing their religion every year in America."
Maybe the NO doesn't resonate with the Celtic spirit?
LoL
The springtime continues.
Sip sip (Hostien. German purity law of 1516.)
Not bad.
Sip ahhhh
(09-25-2009, 08:38 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]LoL
The springtime continues.
Sip sip (Hostien. German purity law of 1516.)
Not bad.
Sip ahhhh
What no Murphy's? I assume that being a man of religious integrity, you'd never touch that Protty Guinness. :cheers:
I do not know about Irish-Americans but I know that out of all my relatives in Cork, only one is a Christmas and Easter Catholic, the rest are hardcore Church-hating atheists...
Yes Ireland and the Irish need our prayers. But your family isn't all of us. Its heart breaking it is but its NOT OVER!!!!!!
(09-25-2009, 08:55 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Ireland and the Irish need our prayers. But your family isn't all of us. Its heart breaking it is but its NOT OVER!!!!!!

:amen:

If I can ever get back over there, I'll add round ten more Catholics to the population!  ;D

Sláinte!
(09-25-2009, 09:06 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2009, 08:55 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Ireland and the Irish need our prayers. But your family isn't all of us. Its heart breaking it is but its NOT OVER!!!!!!

:amen:

If I can ever get back over there, I'll add round ten more Catholics to the population!  ;D

Sláinte!
Why, you cause a church building boom all by your lonesomes. Maybe they could reappropriate one of those B-n-Bs!
I'm Irish Catholic. All but one of my family members is simply just a "cultural" Catholic. This doesn't surprise me at all.
About 99% of all Irish-Americans I've ever met are "born and raised" ex-Catholics or had parents who are ex-Catholics. I know precisely one Irish-American who's Catholic..... and he's a convert from a Protestant family. Go figure.
Pages: 1 2