FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Need Help Quickly...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I feel sick, but not sick enough to need to miss mass. I may have a cold or the flu, but I have no thermometer and I normally don't get that incapacitated when I'm ill, but I do have concerns about spreading whatever I have if it is communicable.

My symptoms:

* Headache
* Throat/nose issues, but not a big deal by itself.
* Feel hot, even though it is quite cold. I could have a fever. I felt really cold before.
* A little lightheaded...don't know how I'd feel after walking to church.
* Had symptoms for two days, and I feel the worst today (second day).

The church will be crowded.

So, if you can answer in the next half hour...should I not attend mass?

Nope, stay home.  It's an act of charity not to spread your deadly contagion to the rest of the congregation. Say a rosary or something instead.  I can explain to you how in case you don't know.  :tiphat:
(09-27-2009, 03:18 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, stay home.  It's an act of charity not to spread your deadly contagion to the rest of the congregation. Say a rosary or something instead.  I can explain to you how in case you don't know.  :tiphat:
What he said.
Stay home!!! You don't want to give away what you have and if you are coming down with something you don't need to pick up anyone else's germs. 
Thanks. I do not like making such decisions by myself and I'm all alone here.

Status changed (in Gaeilge). Windows users, avoid my posts lest you get infected too.
it gets worse on the second day.

just wait till tonight.

if you start wheezing get thee to an ER

I'm in almost the same boat. Could probably make it to Mass, but not running at 100% and not 100% sure it's not going to get worse. I'd rather not be responsible for the death of a bunch of old people, so no Mass for me today.
If you're coughing in bed tonight, we had that here. We've just gotten over it. Feel better. Tea with lemon and honey, and a humidifier helped here.
(09-27-2009, 08:43 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]If you're coughing in bed tonight, we had that here. We've just gotten over it. Feel better. Tea with lemon and honey, and a humidifier helped here.

I am. I can't sleep. I went to be a little before 21:00, and got up right before 24:00.

Did I get it from you?
(09-28-2009, 01:45 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2009, 08:43 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]If you're coughing in bed tonight, we had that here. We've just gotten over it. Feel better. Tea with lemon and honey, and a humidifier helped here.

I am. I can't sleep. I went to be a little before 21:00, and got up right before 24:00.

Did I get it from you?

Aren't you Mr. No-'unnatural'-substances-guy? Well, if it fits within your ethos, I'd strongly recommend Ibuprofen. It'll help with a possible fever, and any achiness sure to accompany a proper flu (which this probably is?)

Oh, and you're in my prayers, brother.  :pray:
Pages: 1 2