FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX or Orthodox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
yep  :)
It would seem so, Jovan.... ::)
(10-09-2009, 04:13 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]DK, will you please stop talking about CHRIST in capitals as if you are passing on HIS message through your own posts. It SHITS me.  :)

The secret to DK is to just nod and smile at his semi-understandable rants and raves. :)
(10-09-2009, 04:42 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2009, 04:13 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]DK, will you please stop talking about CHRIST in capitals as if you are passing on HIS message through your own posts. It SHITS me.  :)

The secret to DK is to just nod and smile at his semi-understandable rants and raves. :)
Boy, I'd love to see and DK in a fist-fight.  My bets are that he'd clock ya!  :fish:
I know I am catching this thread late, but I cannot help but to chime in on this one.

The initial question was "if there was no Catholic Church in the area, would you attend an SSPX or an Orthodox Mass?"

How utterly revolting a question this is!!!  The SSPX represents TRUE Catholicism - what the Church was EXACTLY before the horrid Vatican II council.  Nsper, it seems that you are on the wrong forum.  Your question is revolting to MANY of us on this site who see the SSPX as a major part of the authentic remnant in the Church.

Here is what I have to say, since I travel 4.5 hours round trip to assist at a "non-Catholic, SSPX Mass."  If I was in an area with only a Novus Ordo Mass and an Orthodox Mass, I would almost be tempted to go to the Orthodox instead of the N.O., because at least they haven't turned their Mass into a Protestant bastardization "Community Meal."  But honestly, I would attend neither, for neither an N.O. Mass or an Orthodox Mass is truly Catholic.
(10-14-2009, 08:50 AM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]Nsper, it seems that you are on the wrong forum.  Your question is revolting to MANY of us on this site who see the SSPX as a major part of the authentic remnant in the Church.

This has been pointed out to him several times! :)
Quote:The initial question was "if there was no Catholic Church in the area, would you attend an SSPX or an Orthodox Mass?"

I admit I phrased the question incorrectly. I meant no 'Canonically regular' Catholic Church. I have since realized, due to explanation from several posters here, that attending the SSPX does fulfill the Sunday obligation as long as one's desire is to attend a TLM, not separate oneself from the Pope and hierarchy. Oh well, I can't be right all the time...so I guess I do stand corrected on that issue.

Lol
On a trad forum I get asked to stop using capitals for CHRIST!
NO I WILL NOT
(10-08-2009, 11:45 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2009, 07:50 AM)Aloysius Wrote: [ -> ]what's being referred to by terms like "Novus Ordo" and such is NOT the Mass of Jesus Christ's sacrifice, it's the liturgy surrounding the mass we're talking about.  That's why distinctions are being made in the first place, we're not talking about what's common to them both (the substantial presence of Christ's sacrifice), we're talking about what's different (the prayers surrounding that sacrifice--the liturgy)

thus, it's not a problem to use negative connotations for the NO if one really disagrees with the liturgical prayers as being unfitting of the sacrifice of Holy Mass.  It's not the Sacrifice of the Holy Mass that one is expressing negativity towards, but the prayers surrounding that Sacrifice.

The first self evident principle of the philosophy is, that' every entity is identical with itself'.

One's favorite actress in that actress regardless what clothes she wears, and if you address her negatively, then she is denounced not the clothes.

One may denounce specific accindentalia of abused masses, strictly naming the time, place, mode, but  one should not use generic terms as 'it stinks' on the whole generic word: mass.

Those who believe that the hole world is heretic, only they and their small group reserves the faith, are at least logical. But those who believe that the about 2 million weekly masses in the Earth, or about 200,000 weekly masses in the US are the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, regardless of the outside clothes, cannot say negative terms without full specifics.

From our part, or the exactly from the priest part the Mass is nothing just the liturgy. It is Jesus Christ who identifies His body and blood with that liturgy. If you are not capable to accept Him in that clothes, you can find Him personally elsewhere, but you have not right to judge those, who are capable to find Jesus Christ on His shameful death, when it was bloody and stinky, and who are capable to find Him in each of the 2 million weekly valid masses, regardless of the outside reverence.

939 And this, [Mass] indeed, is that "clean oblation" which cannot be defiled by any unworthiness or malice on the part of those who offer it;
http://www.catecheticsonline.com/SourcesofDogma10.php

It's not just the "aesthetics" of the Mass or the "clothes" which constitute a new appearance. The prayers that were change directly relate to beliefs of the Mass. The prayers of the TLM surrounding the Sacrifice expressed a humble belief. These prayers have been either abolished or replaced by less than appropriate substitutes (by "appropriate" I mean substitutes which don't sufficiently reflect what we believe.)

We believe how we pray. It a theological axiom that can't be reversed.
What kinda nonsense is that?
CHRIST deserves nothing less then caps imho so go piss in thw wind and leave me alone
Sip
Yeah that's right!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24