FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX or Orthodox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
I said "invalid or illicit"

And you did use the word "invalid" about confession

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33155470

The rest of your post is laughable...and everyone here who is a regular user can see it...I feel sorry for anyone ensnared by you...but that's probably not many since they have everybodys' responses to your crap

Didn't say you sent TheDude on...said he followed your path...although when I wrote "good job Cali" it sounded like you were involoved....If anyon took it that way  UNDERSTAND CALI DID SEND HIM...IT IS CALI"S BAD IDEAS...shared by some others...and formerly, thedude

I have already responded sufficiently to every one of your outright lies and prevarications...

Why is it that NOs are always the Charity police around here...LOL
(10-15-2009, 07:29 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ](the religious order I am joining, the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land, seems predominantly NO, although they do the Mass very well, at least where I was).

I think I mentioned somewhere else as well, but if you are interested in pursuing a Franciscan vocation with a Traditional Order, try contacting the Capuchins of Morgon. they live a very Franciscan life, and their entire monastic life is based around Tradition.
(10-15-2009, 08:56 PM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 07:29 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ](the religious order I am joining, the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land, seems predominantly NO, although they do the Mass very well, at least where I was).

I think I mentioned somewhere else as well, but if you are interested in pursuing a Franciscan vocation with a Traditional Order, try contacting the Capuchins of Morgon. they live a very Franciscan life, and their entire monastic life is based around Tradition.

I know, but I happen to like the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land. After all, they have custody over the major holy sites (i.e. Holy Sepulcher, etc.) in the Holy Land and I felt good about the place when I visited their monastery in Washington, DC. And they did a good NO I thought. They would probably not be too opposed to me learning the TLM on my own if/when I became a Priest, as long as I fulfilled their NO needs in parishes and whatnot and was not obnoxious about it.
(10-15-2009, 01:29 PM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]At least we understand each other, Scipio.  I don't listen to what you have to say, and you don't listen to me. 

For everyone else, I didn't write the decree, the Pope did.  You can take his word on it, not mine.

And it was a POPE who "excommunicated" them to begin with!  It was a POPE who unlawfully suspended the Traditional Latin Mass!

When the Supreme Pontiff pronounces a sentence of excommunication which is unjust or null, it must not be accepted, without, however, straying from the respect due to the Holy See.
St. Robert Bellarmine

The Catholic Church is in shambles, there is no doubting this.  Archbishop Lefebvre and the SSPX did only what was absolutely necessary - what any saint in the past would have done to preserve the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Faith from falling fully into the hands of heretics who spew antichrist doctrine.

And - the SSPX has done this without straying from one iota of the Faith.  They still claim that the pope is the pope and still hold the utmost respect for the Chair of St. Peter.  In the end, the SSPX will be seen as the light in this present darkness - Just as St. Athanasius and those who allied themselves with him was seen as the light of the truth of the Church during the Arian Crisis, when he "disobeyed" Pope Liberius (O how there are SO many parallels between St. Athanasius and Archbishop Lefebvre - St. Athanasius had to "disobey" Pope Liberius because he was holding to Arian idealism - and Archbishop Lefebvre had to "disobey" Pope Paul VI and John Paul II because they held to Modernist idealism.  At the time, each men seemed to be the only voice of reason within the hierarchy concerning Tradition).

Catholics today are ignorant and overly complacent if they think that something as terrible as the Arian Crisis cannot happen again - for it HAS happened again - this time only worse...
(10-15-2009, 06:53 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]The SSPX is only considered in an irregular state because the Church is in an irregular state..and you know this...

VERY well put, Scipio - very well put.  :clap:
(10-15-2009, 09:01 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ]

I know, but I happen to like the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land. After all, they have custody over the major holy sites (i.e. Holy Sepulcher, etc.) in the Holy Land and I felt good about the place when I visited their monastery in Washington, DC. And they did a good NO I thought. They would probably not be too opposed to me learning the TLM on my own if/when I became a Priest, as long as I fulfilled their NO needs in parishes and whatnot and was not obnoxious about it.

Sweet as. Pax et Bonum.
(10-15-2009, 09:07 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 01:29 PM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]At least we understand each other, Scipio.  I don't listen to what you have to say, and you don't listen to me. 

For everyone else, I didn't write the decree, the Pope did.  You can take his word on it, not mine.

And it was a POPE who "excommunicated" them to begin with!  It was a POPE who unlawfully suspended the Traditional Latin Mass!

When the Supreme Pontiff pronounces a sentence of excommunication which is unjust or null, it must not be accepted, without, however, straying from the respect due to the Holy See.
St. Robert Bellarmine

I thought the Church can suppress or limit the use of a certain Rite/Form. It does not render the Rite invalid, just means it cannot necessarily be used anymore without express permission or something. For example, if a future Pope suspended the use of Novus Ordo Missae so that it was no longer the Ordinary Form (either replaced by the TLM as the 'new' OF or some other translation or version of the Latin Rite), it does not mean the NO is invalid, just no longer used or something. Am I correct here?
(10-15-2009, 09:16 PM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 09:01 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sweet as. Pax et Bonum.

Huh? ???
(10-15-2009, 09:12 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 06:53 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]The SSPX is only considered in an irregular state because the Church is in an irregular state..and you know this...

VERY well put, Scipio - very well put.   :clap:

How can we presume to judge the 'state' of the Church? Isn't that what the Prots do?
(10-15-2009, 09:19 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 09:07 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]

St. Robert Bellarmine

I thought the Church can suppress or limit the use of a certain Rite/Form. It does not render the Rite invalid, just means it cannot necessarily be used anymore without express permission or something. For example, if a future Pope suspended the use of Novus Ordo Missae so that it was no longer the Ordinary Form (either replaced by the TLM as the 'new' OF or some other translation or version of the Latin Rite), it does not mean the NO is invalid, just no longer used or something. Am I correct here?

The Novus Ordo doesn't have something like Quo Primum backing it up - Nsper, I suggest you read that document very carefully, contained within Trent. Quo Primum is a solemn papal decree binding on the Church "in perpetuity" and condemning any whom would depart from it, as the pope indicated.

Concerning the supression or outright changing of the Mass, here is a small excerpt:  Should any person venture to do so, let him understand that he will incur the wrath of Almighty God and of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24