FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX or Orthodox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Great post, INPEFESS.  Again your great knowledge of the current situation in the Church shines forth.   :)

+1
(10-15-2009, 10:29 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ](perhaps it is these people who have the "fishie" vendetta against me, always knocking me down one each day...)

No, it was me. I confess. I've had it out for you since the beginning. You and all your Catholic friends stuck in a time warp. You and all this talk of tradition. You are too old-fashioned to be Catholic. The Catholic Faith is an ever-growing, ever-expanding, all-encompassing conglomeration of customs, traditions, cultures, and personal expressions. The Church is not an antiquated one; it is a contemporary one - a modern one! It is in it's springtime, remember? Why do you needlessly cling to the deadness and frigid climate of Her winter?!

Once you start thinking like that, you'll be welcome here at FE. ;)
(10-15-2009, 10:46 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 10:29 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ](perhaps it is these people who have the "fishie" vendetta against me, always knocking me down one each day...)

No, it was me. I confess. I've had it out for you since the beginning. You and all your Catholic friends stuck in a time warp. You and all this talk of tradition. You are too old-fashioned to be Catholic. The Catholic Faith is an ever-growing, ever-expanding, all-encompassing conglomeration of customs, traditions, cultures, and personal expressions. The Church is not an antiquated one; it is a contemporary one - a modern one! It is in it's springtime, remember? Why do you needlessly cling to the deadness and frigid climate of Her winter?!

Once you start thinking like that, you'll be welcome here at FE. ;)

ROFL!

Sadly though, there are a lot of "Catholics" in the world who think just like that...
(10-15-2009, 10:43 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]Great post, INPEFESS.  Again your great knowledge of the current situation in the Church shines forth.   :)

+1

Thank you. But it's not exclusively mine. I just compile it.
(10-15-2009, 10:48 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 10:43 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]Great post, INPEFESS.  Again your great knowledge of the current situation in the Church shines forth.   :)

+1

Thank you. But it's not exclusively mine. I just compile it.

Regardless...

A lot of my posts are also compilations - it still shows a keen alertness to the current situation in the Church and what is needed to defend against the skewed stance of the liberals.  You articulated well what I was wanting to post in regards to Nsper's comment.  Thanks.

As regards to the above post by cali (which my blood still boils from), the one who stated that the devil has made us Trads.  How strange a notion?  The devil made me a Traditional Catholic - to hold fast to the Ancient Religion that he as fought for 2,000 years to eliminate (and is winning at the moment).  Thanks, Satan, for making me see...   Give me a break!

I pray that you all find a little more humility and charity in the midst of your seemingly spiteful and negative views of the Church that is our existing Roman Catholic Church.

Please try to look at the existing Church with a little more openness and positive intention.  It is not as evil as you melodramatically make it out to be.

The SSPX is not the deposit of the Faith.  In my opinion, they do the right thing the wrong way, and there are more humble ways to keep tradition alive than to admire books that say "we resist you to the face!".

Keep your dramatic view of Catholicism if you will, but the majority of Catholics have no idea what you're complaining about, and they're still Catholic.  What would you tell them if you had the chance?

I never said that the devil made you trads, that's scipio shifting my words.  To think I said that is ridiculous.  Go ahead and be angry about that if you will, but the devil loves that you misinterpreted what I said and created drama about what I didn't say.  Don't let him get you angry.  We're all Catholic, and that is not what I said.  Count to ten and let's fight the devil together.  The fact that you're mad means he's trying to break up our real collaboration of information.  Don't let him do it.

(10-15-2009, 11:52 PM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I pray that you all find a little more humility and charity in the midst of your seemingly spiteful and negative views of the Church that is our existing Roman Catholic Church.

Please try to look at the existing Church with a little more openness and positive intention.  It is not as evil as you melodramatically make it out to be.

The SSPX is not the deposit of the Faith.  In my opinion, they do the right thing the wrong way, and there are more humble ways to keep tradition alive than to admire books that say "we resist you to the face!".

Keep your dramatic view of Catholicism if you will, but the majority of Catholics have no idea what you're complaining about, and they're still Catholic.  What would you tell them if you had the chance?

I never said that the devil made you trads, that's scipio shifting my words.  To think I said that is ridiculous.  Go ahead and be angry about that if you will, but the devil loves that you misinterpreted what I said and created drama about what I didn't say.  Don't let him get you angry.  We're all Catholic, and that is not what I said.  Count to ten and let's fight the devil together.  The fact that you're mad means he's trying to break up our real collaboration of information.  Don't let him do it.

To be "still Catholic" means that you have to hold true to EACH and EVERY declared and infallible doctrine of the Faith.  I would easily say that the majority of people in today's world who call themselves "Catholic" do not meet that criteria.  Now, is it their fault - are they culpable of this?  This is the tough question.  They have been led astray by a hierarchy that was always meant to lead them to the truth.  Culpability is the question.  It could also be said that those in today's havoc who seek God through Tradition are the only "true" Catholics left.

You advice people not to go to the SSPX to recieve the Sacrament of Confession.  Well, I advice people to not submit to ANY sacraments in the Novus Ordo, and that going to a Novus Ordo Mass with complete awareness of the current situation would result in a grave sin.  Are we of the same religion since we hold to differnent forms of worship and sacraments?
OF course we're of the same religion.

Going to the NO is not a grave sin.  That is your opinion, and not a Church teaching. 
(10-16-2009, 12:06 AM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]OF course we're of the same religion.

Going to the NO is not a grave sin.  That is your opinion, and not a Church teaching. 

But it will be some day...  The Church will arise from this time of error and be rebuilt more glorious than ever before, per the prophesies of many saints and blesseds, speaking of "new abuses being swept away" and the old ways being reinstalled fully.  This time of darkness that you see as light will end some day, surely it will - and it will be the SSPX and those like them that are seen as the true warriors of the Church.  Good night.
(10-16-2009, 12:07 AM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2009, 12:06 AM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]OF course we're of the same religion.

But it will be some day...

Again, your opinion.  Once that actually happens in the future, we can continue this conversation.  until then, it is just wishful thinking and NO Masses are not grave sins, save specific abuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24