FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX or Orthodox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Do you know that this board/forum is a traditional Catholic forum? Not a Novus Ordo propaganda forum?  :fish: :pazzo:
(10-16-2009, 12:30 AM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know that this board/forum is a traditional Catholic forum? Not a Novus Ordo propaganda forum?  :fish: :pazzo:

Well, regardless of one's personal feelings on the NO, it is a valid and licit Form of the Latin Rite according to the Church. Of course, the TLM is also a valid and licit Form of the Latin Rite as well.

The SSPX, while possessing valid Holy Orders and Apostolic Succession, is in a Canonically irregular position according to the Church and the SSPX lacks ordinary jurisdiction, which means that except in cases of grave necessity, its Confessions are invalid. SSPX Masses are valid and, according to the letter by Msgr. Perl, fulfill the Sunday obligation as long as the attendee's desire in going to the SSPX Mass is NOT to separate him/herself from the Pope and hierarchy.

This is not your or my opinion, nor is it propaganda. I am not Pro-NO/Anti-TLM, but nor am I Pro-TLM/Anti-NO, I am Pro-Mass and Anti-liturgical abuse/"innovations".
(10-16-2009, 12:12 AM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2009, 12:07 AM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2009, 12:06 AM)calicatholic Wrote: [ -> ]OF course we're of the same religion.

Going to the NO is not a grave sin.  That is your opinion, and not a Church teaching. 

But it will be some day...

Again, your opinion.  Once that actually happens in the future, we can continue this conversation.  until then, it is just wishful thinking and NO Masses are not grave sins, save specific abuses.

No word shifting ...following the logic out. of what you claimed

..and it is a grave sin to put your faith in peril...when did you miss that?

Caliprod
This is a tad forum. So we r not the ones conplaining u r. Go to catholic wankers or the liturgicaldance.com for to soew ur filth.
As for what do well
I'm a tard. Bringing me family up trad. Owed and still do a trad store. I spread traditiopn as far and as wide as the holy ghost gives me the strenght to. Ill say this u r not catholic u r a Notard which is either a prod of a flavor of the poison o the month. Iu pick a lutheroin crossed with a calvanist crossed with a babtised cross with u name it welcome to a Notard. The mirror lad look in the mirror. U r on a trad board spewing modernism and u say were conplainin.
Go to the NO u so much love and clap and dance ur heart out and your soul to hell
Bugger off nowm I want to chat with some Catholics
Quote:I'm a tard.

Was that a Freudian slip there laddy?

You know, DK, I find you incredibly amusing. If I didn't, I might actually get offended by the stuff that sallies forth out of your pie hole.  :fish:
The menonite who invented these damn blackberries takes the credit lad me thumbs r to big for the wee keys. But if it puts a smilke on your face by all means
Sip sip
As for the slip its trad but u know shit happens
Sip
(10-16-2009, 06:11 AM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I'm a tard.

Was that a Freudian slip there laddy?

You know, DK, I find you incredibly amusing. If I didn't, I might actually get offended by the stuff that sallies forth out of your pie hole.  :fish:

Actually, the stuff is not "sallying forth from his pie hole" since he is not speaking, he is typing...

DK, while a bit vulgar at times, defends with ferocity the Ancient Faith and doesn't give in to the errors of our times.

...sip sip
(10-15-2009, 10:53 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 10:48 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2009, 10:43 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]Great post, INPEFESS.  Again your great knowledge of the current situation in the Church shines forth.   :)

+1

Thank you. But it's not exclusively mine. I just compile it.

Regardless...

A lot of my posts are also compilations - it still shows a keen alertness to the current situation in the Church and what is needed to defend against the skewed stance of the liberals.  You articulated well what I was wanting to post in regards to Nsper's comment.  Thanks.

As regards to the above post by cali (which my blood still boils from), the one who stated that the devil has made us Trads.  How strange a notion?  The devil made me a Traditional Catholic - to hold fast to the Ancient Religion that he as fought for 2,000 years to eliminate (and is winning at the moment).  Thanks, Satan, for making me see...   Give me a break!

I appreciate your compliments. Still, to be honest though, I don't deserve much credit. The above post is a conglomeration of my words and those of another. I made a mess of those words by the integration of my own so I didn't cite original statements in their unadulterated form.

To be honest, those who say:

Quote:Please try to look at the existing Church with a little more openness and positive intention.  It is not as evil as you melodramatically make it out to be.

Keep your dramatic view of Catholicism if you will, but the majority of Catholics have no idea what you're complaining about, and they're still Catholic. 

...don't seem to really understand what the Catholic Church has taught for thousands of years. If they did, they would understand how dangerous these modern teachings truly are to the souls of all those Catholics (but especially apostates, heretics, and schismatics) who understand what these documents teach, imply, fail to specify, or allow (depending on the document).

How can the Holy Ghost contradict Himself? How can the Holy Ghost guide a council to teach that other heretical and idolatrous faiths contribute to the understanding of Objective Truth, an understanding that is reserved solely to the Catholic Faith, the only faith through which the Holy Ghost speaks? How can He guide a council to teach that other heretical and idolatrous faiths can provide valid means for salvation? - not just that one may be saved within these faiths, but that these faiths themselves are valid means by which one may obtain salvation? These are but a few of the incongruences of the "Magisterium" - a teaching authority which cannot contradict itself nor err in matters of faith and morals.
(10-16-2009, 04:35 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]How can He guide a council to teach that other heretical and idolatrous faiths can provide valid means for salvation? - not just that one may be saved within these faiths, but that these faiths themselves are valid means by which one may obtain salvation? These are but a few of the incongruences of the "Magisterium" - a teaching authority which cannot contradict itself nor err in matters of faith and morals.

I haven't read any Vatican II document that says what you're claiming.  You must be interpreting it wrong.  Please try to interpret it in light of Tradition as the Pope says.  If you have any doubt, why not write the Pope and wait for an answer from the Vatican.  Or, show the specific parts of the documents that you think claim there is salvation outside of the Church.  Best to contact your local theologian on the subject.

DK I'm just as Catholic as you are, like it or not.  Name calling does not lead to useful conversation.  Why do you insist on it?  It belittles your arguments.  If you printed out your uncharitable comments and showed them to your Priest I'm sure he'd have a lot to say to you.

Scipio, taking your negative attitude seriously would put my Faith in danger, so I don't.

If you're saying that to be a Traditional Catholic I have to be bitter and uncharitable as you all are being to me, then please label me as a non-traditional Catholic that frequents the TLM.

Nic,  it was never my intent to offend you. If you were greatly offended, then you probably read my comments the wrong way.  It is easy to do so in this venue, which likely leads to much more combating and arguing than would happen if we were all in the same room. 

(10-16-2009, 06:14 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]The menonite who invented these damn blackberries takes the credit lad me thumbs r to big for the wee keys. But if it puts a smilke on your face by all means
Sip sip
As for the slip its trad but u know shit happens
Sip

It is interesting that you blame the inventor for your having thumbs which are too big. It should be:

"The menonite who inveted this damn blackberries takes the credit lad the keys r too small for my thumbs"

The way you have written it, you are blaming a technical inventor for your big thumbs, which makes no sense, unless your thumbs were in fact designed by the same person.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24